Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 Sentra se-R Spec V and I was wondering if anybody could help me out with removing the governor that limits my top speed. I've asked quite a few people and they had no idea what i was talking about. Can anyone help me out?

·
Registered
790 Posts
I have an 03 Sentra se-R Spec V and I was wondering if anybody could help me out with removing the governor that limits my top speed. I've asked quite a few people and they had no idea what i was talking about. Can anyone help me out?
The Spec-V doesnt have a governor. It's rev limited @ 6250 rpms. So, your top speed is drag limited. If you dont have enough power to overcome the drag induced on your car as it's going +130mph, then it wont go any faster.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Technosquare can raise your rev limit for a small fee. Look them up and give them a call. You can have your rev limit raised, but there are precautions that you should take in order to do it safely and reliably.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the help
how much power would be needed to overcome the drag?
i sent technosquare an email and now im just waiting on the information and pricing on it.

·
Registered
790 Posts
From personal experience the Spec V can go up to 135mph when I was mostly stock. I know it can go faster. The quickest way is to get some form of forced induction. In my opinion, there isnt too much of a need to be going that damn fast anyhow.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dont see much reason in going that fast either but i just like the idea of having less restrictions and knowing that if i wanted to go faster than that i could

·
Registered
10 Posts
im pretty new too. but i also own a 04 spec-v. anything past 100 is just dum. just dont f up the pretty car and keep it under a hundred lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts