Nissan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive past last 2 days on polishing like chrome the TBI...

list is : injector nozzle, inside/out
injector casing(just out)
TB butterfly (shiny like gold !can see my face in it!)
all the tubes down to manifold..
plus plastic cover/plug on top (w 1500wet+plasticpolish)

Im gonna test that on the car tommorow morning.... hope it will do something good... sure that everythings gonna flow better !!

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
result

well its not much... but

i had less lag between 2500 and the 3500 point were the 1st lag seems to happen on all e16i engine....

and much more torque up the 4000 to 6000 point... the car pulls
more than before..btw i had a custom air intake on it for the test wired to everything (emission control also)...

i had to rev the engine on idle at 1000...cuz it would be erratic on cold start...

:)

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well finally its less erratic... im gonna make a reset of the ECU tomorrow to see if its better...

G

·
Did you rebuild it?

Hey,
I was just wondering what kind of work you've done on your TBI and why? Did you replace any parts, sensors?
I'm planning on taking my TBI off in the near future for refurbishing...
Thanks!

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well ive completely disassemble it.... then ive been polishing like chome (as much as i could with 1500wet paper and polishing compound) the interior and reassembled it... i think the cold air intake is my trouble for now.... ill try it later on with the original intake on it.... cuz it seems fuzzy on idle... maybe its just the reset i havent made too.... cuz the TB ive took out was such a mess... all brownish inside... the one i fixed up was too clean for the computer maybe ! hahaha.... anyway... ill put more when i get a chance to test some...

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I forgot the why question !!

For fun !! :) just the kick, well i thaugh that maybe the polishing would get me a better air flowing... and since the injector sit on the butterfly, polishing it to seems to me that it could actually loose less of that gaz that sticks on it.... im actually rebuilding the other one, (just cleaning it throuly...) then im gonna put it back to see the difference..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts