Nissan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going this afternoon to look at a 93 sentra this afternoon and the add says that the motor runs rough. I was just wondering if anybody might have some suggestions for easy ways to determine the souce of the problem, and wether its minor or major.

thanx

·
Registered
476 Posts
Just speculation, I'm not a mechanic...

Lifter(s) are gone, timing is too slow, low compression, dirty injectors, hole in exhaust system. If it makes a ticking/rattling noise it could be the sproket plastic guides broke making the chain loose. This would result in the Camshaft and Crankshaft being out of sync causing damage to the cylinder walls not to mention the chain slapping against the sproket cover making a noise (more noise than driving rough though, happened to both our B13's). Piston slap if the cylinder walls are extremly worn. Often goes away once the car is warmed up. Could be a lot of things. Good idea to get it inspected before you buy.

That gives you some ideas anyway...

Greg

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
Where you at aiata? You can come look at mine! Mine runs smooth as hell. :)

·
Registered
346 Posts
93 Nissan Sentra XE

Dude could be your timing being off, dirty injectors, check for leaks in the exhaust system, piping or muffler. It would be a good idea to freshen things up all around. Check it out: Go to Nissan and freshen things up with a good tune up. Get band new fuel filter Cap, rotor, Ignition Wires and original equipment NGK spark plugs, have your idle and timing checked as well as the battery alternator. That might smooth things out for ya.......hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts