Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
i'm an asshole
1,859 Posts
you can use the KA internals, but the the bellhousing. you have to swap everything over to the SR tranny.

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,010 Posts
You can use a KA tranny as is without removing any internal parts. Just use an SR bellhousing by itself; it'll bolt on to a KA tranny.

·
i'm an asshole
1,859 Posts
so you're saying the SR will bolt up to a KA and vice-versa? i'm pretty sure it won't, for one you can tell by looking at where the starter mounts on the two. there is a noticeable difference there.

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,010 Posts
No, No. You're not reading my post carefully. I said: "Just use an SR bellhousing by itself; it'll bolt on to a KA tranny".

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so for sure its possible. just wanna know b/c i am weighting my options. on wether turbo ka rebuild or sr which depends on my budget and the hp to $$ ratio

·
i'm an asshole
1,859 Posts
depends on what you're rebuilding with. if you use all aftermarket parts, its gonna get expensive. you can turbo a KA with the same set up as an SR for cheaper though. you can also swap an SR for pretty cheap. its more of a preference, i'm not gonna give my opinion though cause it will just start an SR vs. KA war.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts