Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found this thread and it seems to be the answer to my problem.

my car has 80ishk

blownb310 posted this.

You guys are all missing a simple item that is more than likely the entire problem. I have seen this several times on a GA16DE. Under the valve cover there is a small rectangular seal that separates the oil being splashed around from the valvetrain, from the internal breather passage. This seal does not come with a valve cover gasket set. It must be gotten seperately. The Nissan part# is: 13271-51J60. You won't belive how cheaply and quickly you just solved your problem.
Please let us all know if I was right.
Thanks

i think this might be my problem cause my car started to burn oil shortly after i replaced the valve cover. does anyone have pictures of where this is? or what it looks like?

any help is GREATLY appreicated.

jj

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ifoam said:
i found this thread and it seems to be the answer to my problem.

my car has 80ishk

blownb310 posted this.

You guys are all missing a simple item that is more than likely the entire problem. I have seen this several times on a GA16DE. Under the valve cover there is a small rectangular seal that separates the oil being splashed around from the valvetrain, from the internal breather passage. This seal does not come with a valve cover gasket set. It must be gotten seperately. The Nissan part# is: 13271-51J60. You won't belive how cheaply and quickly you just solved your problem.
Please let us all know if I was right.
Thanks

i think this might be my problem cause my car started to burn oil shortly after i replaced the valve cover. does anyone have pictures of where this is? or what it looks like?

any help is GREATLY appreicated.

jj

heres the thread link http://www.nissanforums.com/showthread.php?t=21229&highlight=spark+plug+torque

·
Registered
466 Posts
I'll snap a pic tonight and post it. I replaced my valve cover and that seal, and it fixed my oil burning problem.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
johnand said:
I'll snap a pic tonight and post it. I replaced my valve cover and that seal, and it fixed my oil burning problem.

thank you soo much, i really appreciate it. im pretty sure thats my culprit!

·
Registered
466 Posts
As promised pics:

It is hard to see it in this picture, but is in the bottom center of the cover in the picture. It is where the cover has a dip down.

Here is the seal removed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts