Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I'm a new to this forum.. I live in Guelph, Ontario, Canada which is about 45min South of Toronto.. I'm looking for a nudge bar for the X-trail either in the Toronto area or Online, but not overseas where most of them seem to be located.

Thanks,
Nam
 

·
Nissan X-TRAIL Enthusiast
Joined
·
715 Posts
Welcome!

Hi Nam,

Welcome aboard and enjoy the X-Trail. You will benifit for the excellent experts here in the forum.

In answer to your question, there are none at the present moment unless you have them custom made. Since the X-Trail is not being sold in the U.S. there is no market for extras...the rest of the world has them.. we do not. If you are really in the need.. I recommend eBay and do a worldwide search... not juts the U.S. and Canada.. but shipping will be expensive.

Stephen


bcuzau said:
Hello everyone. I'm a new to this forum.. I live in Guelph, Ontario, Canada which is about 45min South of Toronto.. I'm looking for a nudge bar for the X-trail either in the Toronto area or Online, but not overseas where most of them seem to be located.

Thanks,
Nam
 

·
XTRAIL-HOLIC
Joined
·
2,228 Posts
Nissan Nudge

Guys,

I'm surprised that Nissan Canada haven't made the factory nissan nudge available for you to buy over there. :confused:

In Australia nissan is throwing this nudge in for free with every new xtrail purchase.

Are nudges legal in Canada? (sorry am not sure, as some countries have made them illegal to fit)

Anyway Nam, I know you said that you didn't want the information about overseas nudges, but if I were you, I would drop THIS nissan dealer in Australia an email just to ask about the price of the genuine nissan nudge and shipping cost, so you have an idea about it's price.

There are plenty of aftermarket nudges available in Australia and they're much cheaper than the nissan one, but shipping of this item to Canada as Stephen has mentioned will be a killer, because of the size of the item.

Germany is also making very nice nudges and these are available on eBay.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
417 Posts
Jalal, I was told by a friend or ours who did a firemans work exchange in Australia that the bars on cars in Aussie are very common because of the Kangaroos. It is a very common occurance to hit a kangaroo on the road, thus the name Kangaroo Bars... Is this true?

In Canada/Saskatchewan, deer can be a problem, however if you hit one, it's likely it will total the truck and cause personal injury, so nudge bars are not as handy if you will.

How do these nudge bars work if they must be tied onto the airbag system? It would seem counter productive to what a nudge bar is used for if it will deploy the airbag it used too hard.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your replies guys..

I could wrong but I don't think they are illegal as other trucks and SUV's have similar items here in Canada and the US..
example;
http://www.customtruckpartsinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.default

I'm going to check out some companies that makes brush guards/ nudge bars. And ask them if they are considering making one specific for the X-trail..

So either I can wait till one is avail or get one overseas.. Yeah it will be expensive but has anyone ever have one shipped or shipped one to Canada? Or know how much it is?

Nam
 

·
XTRAIL-HOLIC
Joined
·
2,228 Posts
ViperZ said:
Jalal, I was told by a friend or ours who did a firemans work exchange in Australia that the bars on cars in Aussie are very common because of the Kangaroos. It is a very common occurance to hit a kangaroo on the road, thus the name Kangaroo Bars... Is this true?
It's true in the country side and rural Australia, where kangaroos hit the highway at night looking for food and the nudge is the best protection to have, however I'm yet to see a kangaroo in Sydney (except at the zoo) :) we actually call these Bull Bars (as if bulls are flooding the streets of Sydney). The main reason they're common here, is for added protection while off-roading.

How do these nudge bars work if they must be tied onto the airbag system? It would seem counter productive to what a nudge bar is used for if it will deploy the airbag it used too hard.
The idea of having a nudge/bull bar is not to affect the security and safety features of your car in any way and this includes the airbag, so if you hit something hard either with your nudge or your bumper, it should deploy the air bag, if it doesn't then you're in trouble.

The main reason for adding a bull bar is to reduce damage to your car in case of impact, but it should not reduce in any way the function of the air bag.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
They are not illegal in Canada or the US. You can get dealer bars for the XTerra and Pathfinder from Nissan. I think they just need to be installed right - or else you may risk the airbags not deploying in a major accident.

bcuzau said:
Thanks for your replies guys..

I could wrong but I don't think they are illegal as other trucks and SUV's have similar items here in Canada and the US..
example;
http://www.customtruckpartsinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.default

I'm going to check out some companies that makes brush guards/ nudge bars. And ask them if they are considering making one specific for the X-trail..

So either I can wait till one is avail or get one overseas.. Yeah it will be expensive but has anyone ever have one shipped or shipped one to Canada? Or know how much it is?

Nam
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Canadian nudge bars brush guard

Thanks Guys,

Digitaloutlaw,
I've checked the Nissan Canada site.. it doesn't show any similar bars avail from the dealer.. I'm looking at Nissan.ca. are there any sites you can lead me to?

digitaloutlaw said:
They are not illegal in Canada or the US. You can get dealer bars for the XTerra and Pathfinder from Nissan. I think they just need to be installed right - or else you may risk the airbags not deploying in a major accident.
Nam
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
I have never seen them on the site - but I went with a friend to pick up his new Pathfinder LE 2 years ago, and he had all the accessories installed - including the nudge bar, by the dealer.

bcuzau said:
Thanks Guys,

Digitaloutlaw,
I've checked the Nissan Canada site.. it doesn't show any similar bars avail from the dealer.. I'm looking at Nissan.ca. are there any sites you can lead me to?



Nam
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so the nudge bar from the older Pathfinder will fit?

digitaloutlaw said:
I have never seen them on the site - but I went with a friend to pick up his new Pathfinder LE 2 years ago, and he had all the accessories installed - including the nudge bar, by the dealer.

Thanks
 

·
Proud 2004 X-Trail Owner
Joined
·
691 Posts
I don't think so, I've seing & posted some nudge bars at the X-Ty & it's way to different:

(I took them at a stop light)


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks manuelga,

Those look like nice.. do you know who makes them?

manuelga said:
I don't think so, I've seing & posted some nudge bars at the X-Ty & it's way to different:

(I took them at a stop light)


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry guys I didn't know I had to delete the HTML for the pics, if i didn't want to repost them.. i know now.

They look great Manuelga, but diffirent from the ones offered else where.. That's odd Nissan has two different styles and offered none to Canada..

http://www.nissan.com.au/xtrail/accessories.asp
http://www.nissan.com.mx/accesorios/accesorios_detalle.php?id_automovil=5&id_accesorio=32

Oh well i'll give up for now until later..

Thanks..

manuelga said:
Those are OE Accesories, Mex maded, sold at dealership, The main issue would be shippment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
I called the dealer here in Halifax and spoke with the parts manager. (I only speak to him now since one of the parts guys is such an ass).

Anyway, I asked about the nudge bar shown on the Australian site. He said there is no word but they will probably get it some time in the future. No idea when though.

Maybe one of our Australian friends can tell us how much this is to buy down there?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah that's the same response i got.. I asked him.. "couldn't he get someone in Japan to throw one behind the back seat, since they're coming from Japan anyway".. he laughed at me :p .. oh well I tried..

Nam

Thorongil said:
I called the dealer here in Halifax and spoke with the parts manager. (I only speak to him now since one of the parts guys is such an ass).

Anyway, I asked about the nudge bar shown on the Australian site. He said there is no word but they will probably get it some time in the future. No idea when though.

Maybe one of our Australian friends can tell us how much this is to buy down there?
 

·
XTRAIL-HOLIC
Joined
·
2,228 Posts
Australian Bull Bar

I can certainly tell you the approx. price of the nissan bull bar :)

The part number for it is F21608H000AU and the price is around $706 AUS (excluding fitting)

Not sure about shipping chrages to Canada, but it wont be cheap.

Thorongil said:
I called the dealer here in Halifax and spoke with the parts manager. (I only speak to him now since one of the parts guys is such an ass).

Anyway, I asked about the nudge bar shown on the Australian site. He said there is no word but they will probably get it some time in the future. No idea when though.

Maybe one of our Australian friends can tell us how much this is to buy down there?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
I wonder if the nudge bar (push Bar) that goes on the Xterra or pathfinder would fit an X Trail? They are available in Canada - I see some Xterra's on the lot with them now.
Anyone ever try it?
Dealer should be able to tell ya.
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top