Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i put aftermarket deck in to my 1993 altima. i for some reason decided to reconnect the illumination wire. after doing that i turn the headlights on to see if the dimmer would work. the radio shut right off the airbag light came on and the clock died out. i blew the fuse and replaced the 10 amp after replacing it i turned the lights back on the clock dies out completly off and from what i can tell the dash does not light up at all.. any ideas im stumped not sure if i shorted a wire and just need to run a new connction... thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
You could just need a higher fuse. Try like a 15 or 20. The cars are used to the power of the oem deck. Mine uses a 20 and its a 1997 because of the deck.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Make sure you are hooking up the right wires. I just installed a Sony CD deck in my 94 and the Sony didn't have any wiring for the dash illumination wires to hook up to. In other words, I couldn't even use the stock wires that use to go to the stock deck's illumination and dimmer wiring. If your aftermarket deck doesn't use illumination or dimming wires, then it's possible you have something majorly mis-wired. Check all the wiring schematics.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts