1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
Well if they don't emit amber or red.. Yep

·
new motor & tranny
1,756 Posts
they are illegal, just like Asleepz said if they are not amber (orange) or red then they are considered Illegal.
Back when i had hyperwhite blinkers..Cops used to love me :D

·
Gotta Represent
403 Posts
if you live here in cali, then white and orange are allowed, but nothing else. so i guess hyper white is white, so ya their legal.

·
new motor & tranny
1,756 Posts
you're lucky, here cops dont have anything else to do so they pull people over for stupid stuff like this.
Forgot to mention that if your car came with let say white blinkers in the front or back then its legall.but it has to come like that stock

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
b14sleeper said:
if you live here in cali, then white and orange are allowed, but nothing else. so i guess hyper white is white, so ya their legal.
Only in Cali then....

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
texas too.. i have led white on my car no problems with the cops but i do have orange in the rear...

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
Hmmmm.... It's something to look into.

·
new motor & tranny
1,756 Posts
i used to have white blinker/corner lights. Got pulled over for them few times but i never got a ticket, just warnings to change them. Now i got crystal clear corners and they have the orange thing inthem so whatever bulb i put in they still light up amber (i was too lazy to remove the orange plastic..so i just left it like that)

·
Soggy GloryHoler
792 Posts
B14_Stealth said:
^ i know, you guys can't even have Radar detectors overthere
yep, it tis teh suck for sure. I was constantly harrassed by the same cop not too long ago, then i got him kicked off the force when i videotaped him driving through town at almost 80 in a 35 and he had no reason too on a daily basis. Plus i taped him pushing around some guy walking down the street and the guy did nothing wrong..........oh well, guess ill move to arizona or something.

·
Nissan Ninja
288 Posts
We can have white or amber in the front and amber or red in the back here in idaho.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Talk about cops being bitches lol
I got two tickets in 4 days by the same cop. One ticket was for 5 over in a neighborhood -_-
the other was for "20 over in a school zone" The first thing he asked me was, " Did you see where i was?" I said "no" and he says" well, i got you going 40 in a 20 school zone... luckily my insurance didnt go up

·
Avtomat Kalashnikov
1,741 Posts
It's legal here.

Any car accessory manufactured by any tax paying and rule compliant importer/manufacturer is legal to use. In short anyone paying the government gets in.;)

Thats why strip-only or track-only or off-road only cars there are 100% street legal here.

·
new motor & tranny
1,756 Posts
Exalta said:
It's legal here.

Any car accessory manufactured by any tax paying and rule compliant importer/manufacturer is legal to use. In short anyone paying the government gets in.;)

Thats why strip-only or track-only or off-road only cars there are 100% street legal here.
..therefore strobelights and sirens must be legal there too

·
..::SR20 MuthaF*%@#$::..
457 Posts
♣AsleepZ♣ said:
Hmmmm.... It's something to look into.
it is ILLEGAL , but some places arent as strict. and u cant have RED in the front. the reason is because red/blue is the sign of EMERGENCY vehicles.
they use to pull people over left to right but now they let it go and everyone has them back on. seriously its only when the cops are bored they'll pull u over.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts