Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
wont go any faster?
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my crank pulley my ignition marks were cut wrong.. so after rebuild i had to guestamate what to time my car at. well i finally baught another pulley and gettin ready to time it. ive read that the ecu can pull about 10* out of timing. and there was another thread of a guy claiming to be running 25* and people telling him bs. well my ingnition timming was around 25* i say this cause it was beond the last mark. well when i turned it back to retard it the car started to idle really really low like 300rpm i think. well i plugged in the tps sensor and it idled it. was this from the ecu pulling the 10*? also to add about the other guy in 25* the car runs liek crap no torque or power till over 4k.

·
nissan??? whats that
280 Posts
Skoodles said:
on my crank pulley my ignition marks were cut wrong.. so after rebuild i had to guestamate what to time my car at. well i finally baught another pulley and gettin ready to time it. ive read that the ecu can pull about 10* out of timing. and there was another thread of a guy claiming to be running 25* and people telling him bs. well my ingnition timming was around 25* i say this cause it was beond the last mark. well when i turned it back to retard it the car started to idle really really low like 300rpm i think. well i plugged in the tps sensor and it idled it. was this from the ecu pulling the 10*? also to add about the other guy in 25* the car runs liek crap no torque or power till over 4k.
I have the same problem as we speak. While changing the rotor my father and i some how managed to break my distributer. now its eather way retarted or way advanced. While driving the car it refuses to accelerate. when i got home the other day i parked out side as i was walking into the house i looked back and i could see my manifold glowing under the car. it was cherry red all the way from the headder to the cat. it was nuts.

·
wont go any faster?
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
manuelga said:
Did you adjust the idle speed? That's the reason why the engine is idling so low.
well no it only idled so low when i had the tps sensor pulled and when i first retarted it to about 10* then when i plugged in the tps sensor it idled back up i was jut wondering if that was from the ecu pulling 10* out of it befor and reseting...

·
wont go any faster?
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
slow200 said:
I have the same problem as we speak. While changing the rotor my father and i some how managed to break my distributer. now its eather way retarted or way advanced. While driving the car it refuses to accelerate. when i got home the other day i parked out side as i was walking into the house i looked back and i could see my manifold glowing under the car. it was cherry red all the way from the headder to the cat. it was nuts.
that sounds a little more serious than my problem. could be clogged up exauhst or somethin. did you replace your distributer and now you dont kno how advanced or retarted it is??

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
If you get the car into timing mode the ECU WILL NOT ADJUST TIMING. Even before you disconnect the TPS raise the idle screw so that the car will idle and then adjust the idle before you check timing, the idle needs to be correct before you can check the timing.

·
nissan??? whats that
280 Posts
Skoodles said:
that sounds a little more serious than my problem. could be clogged up exauhst or somethin. did you replace your distributer and now you dont kno how advanced or retarted it is??
tyhe whole dist. unit was messed up but when i put the new one on today i found out that the car worked fine
now i just need to find a friend w/ a timing light

·
Registered
332 Posts
wes said:
If you get the car into timing mode the ECU WILL NOT ADJUST TIMING. Even before you disconnect the TPS raise the idle screw so that the car will idle and then adjust the idle before you check timing, the idle needs to be correct before you can check the timing.
hey wes, so say i have my car in timing, following FSM step by step, if i give it gas it should stay @ 10°(or what it was set at) right? cause mine advances. also when i start car with the tps unplugged, it starts and idels at like 1500 rpm for like 4 seconds, then drops. it goes so low it almost dies, then climbs back up to ~750RPM. do you have any ideas?
and looky i searched

1 - 8 of 8 Posts