Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright in my 96 sentra gxe i'm wondering what kind of engine swaps i can do. i hope that the se-r 2.0 fits nice to i can get a hot shot turbo. but if this isn't the right way to go please lead me in the right direction. thanks.

·
Registered
215 Posts
The SE-R wou;d fit properly into your car. Why not get a SR20DET right away instead?? I know it's a lot of work when you don't have the SR20DE already, but it'll be cheaper then going SR20DE and afterwards going with HotShot turbo set up.

My 2 cents

·
P.O.S. Truckdriver
2,070 Posts
it might or might not be cheaper...it all depends on where you get your parts at. regardless of price though, you will get alot more hp from buying an aftermarket turbo kit for a sr20 than using the sr20de-t. the kits are costly though...the f-max that comes with the t3/t4 is about $7000 iirc. were you wanting to go turbo, n/a, or use nitrous?

·
1.6 Turbo Power
718 Posts
Madmax said:
The SE-R wou;d fit properly into your car. Why not get a SR20DET right away instead?? I know it's a lot of work when you don't have the SR20DE already, but it'll be cheaper then going SR20DE and afterwards going with HotShot turbo set up.

My 2 cents
it all depends on how much power you want. if your good with the 200 range than go with the DET. you have to keep in mind all the extra parts you will need to buy to make the engines run. engine, tranny, ecu, drive axles, wiring harness, etc. the DET engine itself would cost around the range of $1300-2000 (compared to a DE which would cost you way cheaper), depends on who you know, plus DE tranny $200-400. and if you crave more power you will have to change a lot of things, MAF, fuel injectors, fuel pump, fuel rail, etc... just keep that in mind. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts