Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to check my timing, I went through the whole proccess (hold over 2000, for 2 min rev 3 x idle for a min, shut off, pull plug.........) It idles at 1800 and wont come down even with idle screw adjustment. Any ideas?

Thanks
Ray

·
freakish poster
1,236 Posts
Could be a dirty throttle body is hanging the throttle plate just a crack open or a wear ridge is doing the same thing.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually I cleaned the ridge out of the throttle body and then got a high idle, (thats how this started) so I went to adjust it, and do the timing. Couldnt get it down with the TPS plug off, but it idles fine now with the TPS plugged in, I also checked TPS voltage it is in spec... But i still want to do the timing and cant with the idle high...

Ray

P

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the "damn it's hard to get the ECU into timing mode" club.

I still haven't figured out how to do it successfully after trying the FSM verbatim. Someone mentioned that you pull off the TPS before you do the RPM rev'ing. I haven't tried that yet.

It's not your throttle body if it idles fine with the TPS plugged in. The ECU can only increase the idle RPM through the IAC valve, not decrease it.

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts