Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing this for my dad

My dad has an 87 sentra and he says when the Vacuum Idle Control is plugged in it idles at 3000RPM and won't go any lower, when he unplugs it it drops to around 1200. If he revs and kicks it, will go down to 1000 and never any lower. It used to 800. This seems to be the only thing thats changed in the car since he was getting 35mpg to work and now only gets 27mpg. He thinks its the spring in the diaphram. He says hes picked the springs out of engines in junkyards twice. Basically I think our problem is trying to find replacements. I need to know the exact name of the part that the spring is ultimately in. He calls it the Vacuum Idle Control, the valve part specifically. But we need to know what the whole part is called so we can at least see if any are on the internet. We really only need the spring he says, but buying the whole big part will be a lot easier.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sounds like the secondary diaphragm, should be right on the front on the carb. Though, I never had any luck getting my hopeless chokeless to do much of anything for very long and just swapped for another carb.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I have the Nissan Fast system on my computer If you could specify the are you are working on I could get you the diagram with the part numbers, let me know and I will contact you thru e-mail and send the diagrams if you are interested, actually send a private message to me if you want any diagrams

1 - 4 of 4 Posts