Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The haynes manual shows me a pic, BUT DAMN no location. Can someone tell me where this is? MY Sentra idles at 2500 rpm.

THanks in advanced :)

·
Registered
413 Posts
Huh? Sounds like you have something else causing that to happen. Check the procedure to see what your base idle is set at and what your timing is set at before messing with the screw.

On the SR20DE it is on the right side of the engine compartment and somewhat right above the oil filter. It is a black plastic screw. Same for a GA16DE? Don't know.

·
Banned
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks bro

OKie, thanks man, ill fix it tomorrow, i just had to change the belts, and its been idling high"ER" then b4 i changed it.. before new belts... 1500 rpm, then after its 2500 rpm, so its not the timing, a friend of mine helps me out, so he said it wasnt, we looked alot of places and couldnt find it. Thanks :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
if i'm not mistaken the idle screw is by the throttle body. i think it regulates the opening of the TB butterfly at idle. another thing is start the engine and disconnect and reconnect the TPS too. maybe this will help a bit.

·
Registered
136 Posts
To find the idle screw on a 92 SE find your throttlebody and go to the opposite side of the plenum (passenger side). You will see a unit (AAC valve) that is attached to the plenum and has some electrical connections coming from it. The idle screw is on the front side of this (it may be covered up by a sticker). Don't just start turning it to adjust the idle follow the correct procedure, you can find it on SE-R.net it is the same for both the SR20DE and the GA16DE. I hope this helps...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts