Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my 89 s13, everything is stock, my frame rails are rusted but thats soon getting fixed, thing is, whenever the car is in park or when its in drive and im at a light or stop sign, it just starts shaking, dashboard lights dim, also my door light in my instrument cluster comes on sometimes while im driving, the car has no physical damage other than the rusted frame rails, its actually never been in an accident, im new to the nissan game so i really have no idea how to go about trying to fix these problems any help would be greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Just bought my 89 s13, everything is stock, my frame rails are rusted but thats soon getting fixed, thing is, whenever the car is in park or when its in drive and im at a light or stop sign, it just starts shaking, dashboard lights dim, also my door light in my instrument cluster comes on sometimes while im driving, the car has no physical damage other than the rusted frame rails, its actually never been in an accident, im new to the nissan game so i really have no idea how to go about trying to fix these problems any help would be greatly appreciated...
first step is to check your battery and charging system. you should have between 13.7v-14.3v charging. and obviously 12.6 volts for a fully charged battery. if your lower than about 11.5 volts ill be changing the battery. and if your charging system isnt above 13.7 ill be looking at getting a new alternator for the car. after that has been checked you need to go and check for a missfire. youl either have a spark misfire or inproper fuel missfire. then you have to check for vaccum leaks on your motor.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Sounds just like my car when i first bought it. Turned out to be bad gas in the tank, i poured some gasline antifreeze into the tank and it cleared it up. You can buy the stuff at an autoparts store or you can buy some "methal hydrate" - same stuff execpt its not called gas line antifreeze, waaaay cheper.

Its a cheap to try, so why not. If the car was parked for a while theres is a good chance thats whats wrong.

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,225 Posts
thing is, whenever the car is in park or when its in drive and im at a light or stop sign, it just starts shaking.
If the idle speed setting is too low, it will stall out. Unplug the TPS harness connector and adjust the idle screw to bring the idle speed to 700 rpm. After replugging the harness connector, the idle speed should be around 650.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts