Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I have an odd thing happened to my wife's 2014 Nissan Pathfinder. She told me that she felt something falling right next to her foot which was on the gas pedal while she was driving. She looked down and found a yellow hex flange locknut on the floor mat when got home. I checked everything underneath the steering wheel and around the pedals but all those nuts are black color vs this one which is yellow. It should fit a 5/16 inch bolt. I took it to 2 dealers and no one found anything. Now I am puzzled as to where it is coming from, my gut feeling tells me that it is from the car but I can't find the spot that is missing it. I would appreciate any help finding the right spot for it. Thanks!

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,114 Posts
Looks like a self-locking nut. You said it should fit a 5/16 inch bolt. Nissan vehicles use all metric fasteners; no odd-ball USA-English fasteners. Go to a hardware store and see if your "nut" screws on a 5/16 bolt.

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
9,301 Posts
It's metric. If it's close to 5/16" in size, then it's an 8Mx1.25. Now, where it came from under the dash, I cannot tell you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
smj999smj
Nissan Forum
Nissan Forums is the go to place to talk about your favorite Nissan model, including the Rogue, Maxima, Altima and even sports cars like the 370Z and 200SX.
Full Forum Listing