Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other than not replacing them. Does any one have any ideas on locking center caps in place? Usually they only take one at a time but this time they took all four. I figured the first time mabey it fell off but not any more. I suppose I could use silicon to secure them. Any other ideas??

Thanks

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Other than not replacing them. Does any one have any ideas on locking center caps in place? Usually they only take one at a time but this time they took all four. I figured the first time mabey it fell off but not any more. I suppose I could use silicon to secure them. Any other ideas??

Thanks
I don't think you can lock center caps, unless you get the type that has a flang that mounts behind the wheel. Silicone won't stop them, they can still kick them off.

For some reason, before answering this question, Claymore mine booby trap will stop them. LOL! I gotta stop watching war movies.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the ideas, it may just work. Though it may cause it little damage.

Do you know if they sell center caps with the flange for the pathfinder?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Thanks for the ideas, it may just work. Though it may cause it little damage.

Do you know if they sell center caps with the flange for the pathfinder?

Thanks
No, I don't. Best bet is to stop by a tire store.

I haven't seen a hub cap with a flange in a long time.

Now that I think of it, I had a set back when I owned a 87' King Cab. It's not much of a flange, but I had O-rings at the base of the flange where it meets the wheel.

If you're looking for stock caps, it may be hard to find, but I'm confident you'll find aftermarket ones that'll fit your wheels. Shop for stainless steel caps, the chrome plated ones will start rusting within the year, absolutely not worth getting.

If you want, look at Kaltire.ca or .com. It's a Canadian tire company that I got my caps from. Hope the site will give you some ideas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts