Nissan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't know that the B14 actually had an IAT installed on the Air-Filter housing, cos when I looked at mine, I don't see any sort of sensor visible?? Does anyone have a picture of how it looks like and which side of the stock air-box it's situated??

In any case, what happens if someone replaces his stock air-box with an open-pod cone filter? Where would the IAT then go??

If my IAT is indeed missing - I'm thinking if it could be my previous mechanic, who had replaced my stock airbox with a CAI and when I reverted, it never got re-installed properly...Hmmm...This could be bad...

Thanks for any help rendered..

BTW: When I was on duty travel to Dallas,TX (about a month back), I coincidentally caught a glimpse of a Sentra with licence plate: "SE-R.net" - must be someone from this forum...;P

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
for later b14's, the iat is in the snorkel pipe going to the air filter housing, not in the housing itself........and it may have been relocated in the wheel well.......check it out.......

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just checked my car again.

I looked at my snorkel pipe (which was removed to make way for a makeshift RAM-air intake via a ducting to the fog-light that I'd done) and it doesn't seem to have a mounting for any sensor equipment.

Checked the wheel well - both underside and in the bonnet. It seems that the only cable running from within the bonnet to the wheel-well is some sort of line that links to the brakes??

Hmmm...I'm starting to get worried...:(

How does the IAT actually look like?? Does anyone have a picture by chance?? Especially for a latter B14 setup (not mounted on Air-box type).

Thanks a mill...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just checked with my mechanic.

He says that some B14s are not fitted with an IAT sensor at all (like mine)?? Apparently if the stock air-box doesn't have the IAT sensor mounted on, then that B14 isn't equipped with it at all?

Can anyone with a latter-model B14 verify that theirs doesn't come equipped (like mine)? In that case, how would the ECU account for air temperature?? Strange....

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
HMMM

AFAIK all B14's have an IATS. There are 2 different IAT's, one is in the housing and it is a small plastic flange held on with 2 screws, when removed it has a small plastic bubble over the sensor itself. The other is in the piping as stated, it simply press fits into the plastic housing, it is a pointy looing nipple thing. Technical enough for you? ;)

Anyway, unless your car is a non US car I would think it has/had an IATS. If it was removed you should have a CEL.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: HMMM

wes said:
AFAIK all B14's have an IATS. There are 2 different IAT's, one is in the housing and it is a small plastic flange held on with 2 screws, when removed it has a small plastic bubble over the sensor itself. The other is in the piping as stated, it simply press fits into the plastic housing, it is a pointy looing nipple thing. Technical enough for you? ;)

Anyway, unless your car is a non US car I would think it has/had an IATS. If it was removed you should have a CEL.
Yup, mine's an Asian version, maybe that's the reason...

In your reference to IATs, I presume you mean one is mounted on the air-filter box itself (visible from the exterior), whilst the other is mounted within the snorkel duct itself??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts