Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't know that the B14 actually had an IAT installed on the Air-Filter housing, cos when I looked at mine, I don't see any sort of sensor visible?? Does anyone have a picture of how it looks like and which side of the stock air-box it's situated??

In any case, what happens if someone replaces his stock air-box with an open-pod cone filter? Where would the IAT then go??

If my IAT is indeed missing - I'm thinking if it could be my previous mechanic, who had replaced my stock airbox with a CAI and when I reverted, it never got re-installed properly...Hmmm...This could be bad...

Thanks for any help rendered..

BTW: When I was on duty travel to Dallas,TX (about a month back), I coincidentally caught a glimpse of a Sentra with licence plate: "SE-R.net" - must be someone from this forum...;P

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just checked my car again.

I looked at my snorkel pipe (which was removed to make way for a makeshift RAM-air intake via a ducting to the fog-light that I'd done) and it doesn't seem to have a mounting for any sensor equipment.

Checked the wheel well - both underside and in the bonnet. It seems that the only cable running from within the bonnet to the wheel-well is some sort of line that links to the brakes??

Hmmm...I'm starting to get worried...:(

How does the IAT actually look like?? Does anyone have a picture by chance?? Especially for a latter B14 setup (not mounted on Air-box type).

Thanks a mill...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just checked with my mechanic.

He says that some B14s are not fitted with an IAT sensor at all (like mine)?? Apparently if the stock air-box doesn't have the IAT sensor mounted on, then that B14 isn't equipped with it at all?

Can anyone with a latter-model B14 verify that theirs doesn't come equipped (like mine)? In that case, how would the ECU account for air temperature?? Strange....

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
HMMM

AFAIK all B14's have an IATS. There are 2 different IAT's, one is in the housing and it is a small plastic flange held on with 2 screws, when removed it has a small plastic bubble over the sensor itself. The other is in the piping as stated, it simply press fits into the plastic housing, it is a pointy looing nipple thing. Technical enough for you? ;)

Anyway, unless your car is a non US car I would think it has/had an IATS. If it was removed you should have a CEL.

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
Intake Air Temperature

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: HMMM

wes said:
AFAIK all B14's have an IATS. There are 2 different IAT's, one is in the housing and it is a small plastic flange held on with 2 screws, when removed it has a small plastic bubble over the sensor itself. The other is in the piping as stated, it simply press fits into the plastic housing, it is a pointy looing nipple thing. Technical enough for you? ;)

Anyway, unless your car is a non US car I would think it has/had an IATS. If it was removed you should have a CEL.
Yup, mine's an Asian version, maybe that's the reason...

In your reference to IATs, I presume you mean one is mounted on the air-filter box itself (visible from the exterior), whilst the other is mounted within the snorkel duct itself??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts