Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a problem finding my IAT sensor. I have an AEM cold air intake that was on there when i bought the car. I know the IAT is supposed to be in the air box, which i don't have anymore because of the cone filter. I don't see any wires goin to the intake tube besides the MAF. Where can the IAT be, i'm lost, need help please.
 

·
KA24DET
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
Eminembdg said:
I got a problem finding my IAT sensor. I have an AEM cold air intake that was on there when i bought the car. I know the IAT is supposed to be in the air box, which i don't have anymore because of the cone filter. I don't see any wires goin to the intake tube besides the MAF. Where can the IAT be, i'm lost, need help please.
Dangling into the intake? Trace the small wire.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bridrive55 said:
Dangling into the intake? Trace the small wire.
There are no wires at all near the intake except for the MAF connection. I looked and looked and i see nothing.
 

·
LUCKY SLIDES 2 2/25/06
Joined
·
504 Posts
Eminembdg said:
There are no wires at all near the intake except for the MAF connection. I looked and looked and i see nothing.
whats the IAT stand for? and is this just one wire running with the MAF wire harness?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sunnydet90 said:
whats the IAT stand for? and is this just one wire running with the MAF wire harness?
IAT stands for Intake Air Temperature, and usually it is a sensor that usually plugs into the bottom of the air box, but MINE IS GONE, so I don't have to worry bout that.
 

·
LUCKY SLIDES 2 2/25/06
Joined
·
504 Posts
Eminembdg said:
IAT stands for Intake Air Temperature, and usually it is a sensor that usually plugs into the bottom of the air box, but MINE IS GONE, so I don't have to worry bout that.
would this happen to make the temp guage go up and down randomly when the hood is off going down the road?
 

·
KA24DET
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
sunnydet90 said:
would this happen to make the temp guage go up and down randomly when the hood is off going down the road?
No, it wouldn't.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top