Nissan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some input of what you all think might be the problem. I have a 2004 spec v and last week my check engine light came on and I got the code for my idle air control high rpm. I erased it and it came back on 4 days later. I've noticed that when I'm at idle in neutral with the clutch engaged my rpm are around 900. However when I disengage my clutch they jump to around 1200. When doing this my a/c is not on. I've also notice that once I clear the code, my rpm return to normal. My spec has 60,600 miles on it and just had a new tranny and clutch put about a month ago at 60,000. While my car was at the nissan dealership they reprogrammed my air to fuel ratio on my ecu because it was recalled. Do you think this problem is something the dealership caused? Also, another issue that may or may not be related is that at idle with the clutch engaged there is a squeaking sound that sounds like it is coming from my tranny. As soon as I engage my clutch the sound goes away. I also have this sound but it is more of a chirp like a cricket once every second or so when slowing down while in gear. Any thoughts or ideas on how to resolve these problems are greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

· Registered
4 Posts
i think I have the same problem taht you have ,i Have an appointment tomorrow 04/23/08 with the Nissan Dealer , what they told me is that they need to calibrate the Electronic Throttle , what my car does so far is RPM go from 1500 to 2000 and back again to 1500 with the clutch engaged .
So if you already fixed your problem please give us a feedback

Thanks

· Registered
801 Posts
i think I have the same problem taht you have ,i Have an appointment tomorrow 04/23/08 with the Nissan Dealer , what they told me is that they need to calibrate the Electronic Throttle , what my car does so far is RPM go from 1500 to 2000 and back again to 1500 with the clutch engaged .
So if you already fixed your problem please give us a feedback

Thanks

Try the Idle Air Volume Relearn. It may take you more than one try to get it right. Try and be as precise as possible with your timing.

How To: Idle Relearn Process - MSV

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
idle relearn

Thanks for the responses. I was going to try the idle relearn but now my car doesn't have idle issues anymore, I have no clue why, kinda strange. Does anyone know why my clutch squeaks? it is really bothering me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.