Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Mofo fo life
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last night, I got arrested for supposedly being DWI. But, i hadnt anything to drink that night and upon a breathalyzer i was fine. Here's the kicker- the cop didnt read me my rights when i was being cuffed.

So here is where I am stuck, should i sue the shit out of the College Station PD or should I just let it go? Ps, Coco- know any good lawyers?

·
Whoa...
2,073 Posts
i got cuffed etc and didnt get read my rights, tevchnically they dont have to until they tell you you are arrested... i spent some time in a holding cell.... anything you say Canyt be used against you until then, but they are under no obligatiiopn to read your rights by just cuffing you and putting you in a cell for a bit... trust me i spent $$ on a lawyer to figure this all out...

·
**best avatar award**
2,596 Posts
have you ever been to jail before? if this was your first time then you should be able to get a good settlement out of it. just tell them it traumatized you.

·
poster
1,894 Posts
Did you get to meet Bubba?

In all seriousness though, I had an incident a few weekends ago where the cops busted a house at my old college's campus. I, like you, hadn't touched an alcoholic beverage all night. Most of the underages (which was probably about 25-30% of the party) got away and they caught a handful of them. Since I wasn't drinking I just decided to hang out with my 21+ y/o friends and wait to get breathalized, blow a 0.0, and leave. To my surprise they administered NO breathalizers, even upon request. He told me "just give me your info and we'll go from there" after I told him that I hadn't been drinking. I asked another officer on my way out but he told me to "stop trying to be a lawyer and get the f*ck out of here!" My lawyer loves this case though and I think everything will turn out in my favor. I already had an incident a few years back and first offense is 90 days license suspension but second offense serves 1 year.

·
Mofo fo life
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, i talked to my room mates uncle today. he thinks that I have reason for suit- so On wednesday( my court date) I'll go before the judge and ask for a trial or something. I have a meeting with a lawyer tomorrow afternoon, so I'll see what I can do from there.

·
poster
1,894 Posts
Why does it say that sexinissanboi was the last one to reply to this? And why does it say there are onlt 10 replies when they are really 11? :confused:

·
poster
1,894 Posts
Great, not only do we have to put up with Adam in our section but all of his alter egos too. Now TWO people have tha Patriots as their avatar! :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts