Nissan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Mofo fo life
8,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night, I got arrested for supposedly being DWI. But, i hadnt anything to drink that night and upon a breathalyzer i was fine. Here's the kicker- the cop didnt read me my rights when i was being cuffed.

So here is where I am stuck, should i sue the shit out of the College Station PD or should I just let it go? Ps, Coco- know any good lawyers?

·
Whoa...
8,595 Posts
i got cuffed etc and didnt get read my rights, tevchnically they dont have to until they tell you you are arrested... i spent some time in a holding cell.... anything you say Canyt be used against you until then, but they are under no obligatiiopn to read your rights by just cuffing you and putting you in a cell for a bit... trust me i spent $$ on a lawyer to figure this all out...

·
Read Only
7,537 Posts
Did you get to meet Bubba?

In all seriousness though, I had an incident a few weekends ago where the cops busted a house at my old college's campus. I, like you, hadn't touched an alcoholic beverage all night. Most of the underages (which was probably about 25-30% of the party) got away and they caught a handful of them. Since I wasn't drinking I just decided to hang out with my 21+ y/o friends and wait to get breathalized, blow a 0.0, and leave. To my surprise they administered NO breathalizers, even upon request. He told me "just give me your info and we'll go from there" after I told him that I hadn't been drinking. I asked another officer on my way out but he told me to "stop trying to be a lawyer and get the f*ck out of here!" My lawyer loves this case though and I think everything will turn out in my favor. I already had an incident a few years back and first offense is 90 days license suspension but second offense serves 1 year.

·
Mofo fo life
8,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, i talked to my room mates uncle today. he thinks that I have reason for suit- so On wednesday( my court date) I'll go before the judge and ask for a trial or something. I have a meeting with a lawyer tomorrow afternoon, so I'll see what I can do from there.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.