Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a 1991 Sentra, and i was going to add an aftermarket tachometer in it and did not want to cut the ingition wires to do it like my friend did and now is havin problems with his start up anyways i was woundering if someone knew wat wire is it that controls the tach that is already in my car and how do i conect it to my older one and still have both of them running. thx for the help

·
Registered
177 Posts
blonde_sk8erboi said:
have a 1991 Sentra, and i was going to add an aftermarket tachometer in it and did not want to cut the ingition wires to do it like my friend did and now is havin problems with his start up anyways i was woundering if someone knew wat wire is it that controls the tach that is already in my car and how do i conect it to my older one and still have both of them running. thx for the help
This should help: http://nissanforums.com/showthread.php?t=58688&highlight=tach+install+write-up

·
Destroyer of worlds.
874 Posts
blonde_sk8erboi said:
that is the longest sentence i have yet seen here. :thumbup:

just curious, why do you want to add another tach?

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
Tavel said:
that is the longest sentence i have yet seen here. :thumbup:
wana bet? :thumbup:

unless you race up to your red line every weekend there is no need for one of those monsters. and if i put a "race tach" in my car i would try to retro fit it into my cluster somehow.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i know it was one long sentence but yeah my friend the person who owned the car beforre me said it was really off and plus i want a new cause i like hte way it looks u know. but yeah that is the reason but my friend said htat i should conect it to the wire that is already conected to the tach in my car and me or him did not know wat wire but thx for the help u guys but that is the reason
thx guys

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
1.6pete said:
wana bet? :thumbup:

unless you race up to your red line every weekend there is no need for one of those monsters. and if i put a "race tach" in my car i would try to retro fit it into my cluster somehow.
I don't shift until redline everytime I drive. :D

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
toolapcfan said:
I don't shift until redline everytime I drive. :D
i guess im not cool then :(

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok so today i did the thing that that web site said u know look for the wire but i can not find it and it saids htat is made for the XE models would the GXE model be the same?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts