Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I think I lost my mod-nes
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that a lot of people refer to their b13 Sentras as being a Sentra classic. Where i the world did this title come from? I't s not like the car is old enough to be considered a classic car, and it's not the first body style of the sentra, so I really can't figure out who came up with the idea of calling it a Sentra classic.... That's not an actual model designation that Nissan gave it. Somebody help me out? I'm curious.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have an answer.

The B13 Sentra is generally not called a Classic. The 'Classic' naming came from the B13 SE-R. It was more of a passing by that created the name. Since '94 was the last year for the Sentra SE-R until Nissan's recent release of the Sentra SE-R/Spec-V which still is not a devoted Nissan lover's SE-R due to the 4-doors, the '91-'94 SE-R's basically became classic's. Nissan tried to capture the hearts of many when it tagged a SE-R badge on the end of the 200SX SE-R, but it never really caught on.

Since then, it has actually made it into some of the parts manuals of some manufacturers as well. And some online import parts companies also refer to the '91-'94 SE-R as classics.

Pretty interesting, huh?

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
I believe also that the name stemmed from Canada. When the B14 was released, some B13s were still sold up to, I beleive '95. These were called "Sentra Classics" and the name has stuck.

·
Administrator
1,075 Posts
The B13 SE-R "classic" is an unofficial designation. It's a term that was simply coined by fans of the car.

Like Samo alluded to, Nissan did make a Sentra Classic for Canada. It was a B12 Sentra that was sold for 2-3 years after the B13 Sentra was introduced. One of our Canadian members can probably provide more information. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts