Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vanilla Ice all the way baby!
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i saw on another z site (not sure which one), that replacing the fan with an electric one has lots of benefits, i was trying to find a list of pros and cons to this mod, can ne1 help me out

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
Um well we had a couple threads about electric fans not to long ago so try a bit harder

·
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
SKD_Tech said:
Um well we had a couple threads about electric fans not to long ago so try a bit harder
found it but they didn't really answer my question, i want to know the pros and cons of the mod, i understand that its less wear on the water pump etc etc, but aside from that and extra work room, wat else can i expect?

·
ZPOOLNZ
1,609 Posts
Pros: More efficient, less work for the engine, more power.
Cons: If you don't get a powerful enough fan you will have heat issues, more maintanence, extra strain on alternator.

·
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JAMESZ said:
Pros: More efficient, less work for the engine, more power.
Cons: If you don't get a powerful enough fan you will have heat issues, more maintanence, extra strain on alternator.
wat about difficulity level on like a scale of 1-10

·
ZPOOLNZ
1,609 Posts
SanMarcosZfreak said:
wat about difficulity level on like a scale of 1-10
It's not hard. Depends on what you think is difficult.

For you probably a 4-6. I had my radiator out already, and was in the process of a major tune-up.

·
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JAMESZ said:
It's not hard. Depends on what you think is difficult.

For you probably a 4-6. I had my radiator out already, and was in the process of a major tune-up.
does it need to be mounted to the radiator or can it be in or near the stock location?

p.s. i can do the work if i know wat to do, i jsut ask lots of stupid questions to get fully informed as to waht i'm getting into

·
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JAMESZ said:
On the radiator. Needs to be a pull set-up also.
i'm not that in the know with fan set-ups, could u explain that a lil better, plz? ( i get the basic concpet i jsut want a lil more detail)

·
ZPOOLNZ
1,609 Posts
The fan sits on the radiator. Held on by either straps, or a braket. It pulls air through the radiator(pull type). You will have to wire it in...Best way would be to tie it into the ignition. You could also just put it on the battery temporarily.

It is really straight forward.

·
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
JAMESZ said:
The fan sits on the radiator. Held on by either straps, or a braket. It pulls air through the radiator(pull type). You will have to wire it in...Best way would be to tie it into the ignition. You could also just put it on the battery temporarily.

It is really straight forward.
ok cool, and what other things would i need like sensors and switches?

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
The Flex-lite package comes with a temperature controlled sensor that only kicks on the fan when needed;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts