Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my 96 pathfinder SE 4x4 wont move.

i think it could be the torque converter or something. but i honestly have no idea what im talking about when it comes to this kind of thing. if i sit in it and slowly accelerate, at about 4000rpms it starts to try to move. then i feel bad for my motor and let it rest. also the transmission pan is pretty banged it. could it be hitting any gears? if so how hard is that to fix?

any good spots to find a RE4R01A transmission?

·
Nissan Master Tech
131 Posts
what is wrong with the trans pan?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so i fixed the pathfinder. turns out that when the transmission pan is smashed in, chances are its blocking the transmission fluid pump. so my transmission wasnt getting any fluid. so for a temporary fix i pulled the pan, banged it out with a hammer. cleaned the gunk out, barely any sludge, yay, and put it back on.

filled with fluid, started it up and like a dream it crawled forward with ease once again.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey Hybridfire,
The issue you had with your pathfinder is what I currently dealing with mine, Rev it over 4000 RPM and it slowly moves, I am hoping that it is the same issue that you had and I am trying to figure out if the transmission is not getting any fluid, but dont know where to start really...

any tips? or

1 - 8 of 8 Posts