Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to autozone, and bought a Bosch O.E. type for $43.99
It didn't specify front or rear so I just took a chance.
Ends up being too big.

I went to exchange it for the Bosch universal type, same size.

Who has done this before and where/how much did you get it for!

Thanks!

For future reference, the Bosch part number 13420 is NOT the rear O2 sensor.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Speaking of rear O2 sensors, do the wire lengths vary or is it only one length? I ask because I got the Bosch rear sensor, but the mechanic wouldn't put it on, because he'd have to cut the wires and extend them. Wouldn't the dealership have to do the same thing? I want to get it fixed, but I dont want to spend an arm and a leg at the dealer for them to cut the wires too. He says the dealer would have ones with longer wires...is that true?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
:( its COLD AS HELL OUTSIDE!!! :D To tell the honest truth, I dont do any performance modding unless I got a friend with me. I just feel safer. I'll put in my own sound system alone though. :D So I dont need any special wiring?

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
andre said:
:( its COLD AS HELL OUTSIDE!!! :D To tell the honest truth, I dont do any performance modding unless I got a friend with me. I just feel safer. I'll put in my own sound system alone though. :D So I dont need any special wiring?
If you can do a stereo install then you can lenghten O2 sensor wires... same thing ...just make sure you keep the right colors together...

theres a little about doing it here..couple pics

http://www.nissanperformancemag.com/november01/hotshot.shtml

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guys, thanks for the liks.

Mossy Performance wanted $135 for an OEM Nissan Part.
I got the OE part # from them and read it off to Mike from www.oxygensensors.com.
He found me an OE replacement made by Walker for $59.

For future reference again, the OE part # is 226A0-40U62

Thanks again for all the help.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Thanks Mike. I need to check if mine is welded in though....if it is, I'll have to go to a shop.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts