Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, im going to state that I own a CA18DE. I replaced the clutch and put everything back together over the span of a month. Now today I was about to take the thing out for a drive but when I pushed in the clutch it seemed a little light and then when I put it into reverse I heard the flywheel grinding. Obiously the clutch isnt engaging but why is this? I was thinking that maybe it's cause I got air in the hydraulic system but I dont know how to bleed it out. Anybody got any suggestions on what I should try? I really need this car.

·
Registered
41 Posts
DjLiquid said:
First off, im going to state that I own a CA18DE. I replaced the clutch and put everything back together over the span of a month. Now today I was about to take the thing out for a drive but when I pushed in the clutch it seemed a little light and then when I put it into reverse I heard the flywheel grinding. Obiously the clutch isnt engaging but why is this? I was thinking that maybe it's cause I got air in the hydraulic system but I dont know how to bleed it out. Anybody got any suggestions on what I should try? I really need this car.

The best way is to use a mityvac. I had the same isssue after I replaced my clutch on the same motor. I tried gravity bleeding but it just didn't seem to work this time. You bleed the clutch much like bleeding brakes. I use valvoline DOT 4 brake fluid.

There should be a 10mm bleeder on your slave.

Remove cap from master cylinder reservoir.
Place a length of plastic tubing onto bleeder and place in a soda bottle.
Crack bleeder until fluid comes out and fills hose.
Keep fluid in res, otherwise you'll reintroduce air into system.
you may have to pump a little on the clutch pedal.
When the air bubbles no longer appear coming out of bleeder, close bleeder...

This is the short version, gotta run....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts