Nissan Forum banner

I ReALLY Need Your help

915 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  50thZ 
#1 ·
Alright so i just got my car out for the spring and i ran into a problem. When i was getting on the throttle i heard a loud pop from the rear of my car. i then pulled over thinking i just broke my driveshaft and it was dragging on the ground. After i looked i didnt notice anything wrong. i then tested to see if i can mover forward and backward and it did. when i got it home i jacked up the back. after inspecting it the differential was the problem. when the car is in gear i can still move the rear tires while the driveshaft doesnt move. I was wondering if it would be better to buy a new differential or is it possible to get this one fixed since it still moves. if i do have to get a new one is there any car that has the same rear end, or does it matter that i have a turbo 5 speed. Thanks for the help.

#2 ·
Since you said that you can move the rear tires while the drive shaft is stopped, I take it that you have both rear tires off the ground. If you have an open differential both wheels will move albeit one will rotate in each direction.

#4 ·
well i went to a small junk yard today and they had a complete 84 300zx turbo 5 speed and the price for the rear end was 200. they said it would cost 50 more for them to take it out. i decided to buy it for 250, they also threw the spoiler in for me. it will take me another 150 for my friends dad to swap the rear end out. all and all i decided that nice time i break it i will just get a bigger one with posi

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.