Nissan Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 68 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
i've driven a six speed, but i see what u mean, the story does seem odd, but how do u explain me beating him by a car length and then him passing me up by half a car length and then me catching up and passing him by again......and i know he was trying to catch up 2 me.....couldnt of been nitrious..could it? sure didnt hear it..............................by the way, i really dont mean to sound like a dick when i say shit like this or nothing, i guess what i'm saying is that IN MY OPINION if a car has 125HP as base(manual) with an intake and exhaust and the other car has 115 base(auto) with same mods....... the manual car should have a HUGE advantage in this race, but in my case he didnt, his car might of not been tuned....iono, i just thought it was cool. didnt mean to flame manuals over autos...i was just referring to this race and only this race..

·
Registered
702 Posts
well put it like this, say you two were at a drag strip manual and auto and you take off. No one at all is gonna down shift, ask anyone whos been to the strip. but there is one way this can happen and the only way i thought of it is like this.......he takes off and shifts at like 3500 rpm(so obviously he didnt get it all out on that gear) so when he was racing you, he realized that he doesnt know how to race a manual so then he had to get his power back from the downshift.....problem solved- the guy your racing doesnt know how to shift correctly

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
yeah, i dont think he knew how to shift, first gear, i heard him redline, and second gear he shifted at normal rpm, and i dont know what happened, but i guess he was experimenting??

·
Registered
702 Posts
guess he was experimenting? more like guess he was losing :D would have been a nice race if both of you were redlining or in your case just flooring it but if he downshifted and killed you then god knows what he would do if he shifted correctly...damn hondas

·
Registered
9 Posts
confused......maybe you don't know this, but i'm just wondering what gear did the civic started? third gear then downshifted to second? auto tranny downshifts too when you floor that thing. i agree, odd and kinda funny.........

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
well, i'm not mechanical genious or nothing and i'm not to sure how transmissions work.................all i know is that we took off from a light, i got the jump for about 100 feet(beating him by a car length) he then catches up and passes me by half a car length, then i pass him up and as soon as i pass him up..........he slows down, so i say 'what the f*ck" and stop too, we were only going at about 75mph...........

·
pay your rent!
601 Posts
i think he was toying with you man.

·
Registered
393 Posts
yeah, i think he was playing w/ you. you guys probably have the same power, and the nissan weights less.... but his being a stick, i highly doubt you could get any kind of a jump on him, i try to race w/ my friend all the time (he has a brand new RSX base) and for the life of me, i cannot get a jump on him doing anything from neutral-dropping to brake flooring it or anything. he was probably driving normal, saw (or heard, at least) that you were trying to race, downshifted... passed, saw you pass and slowed down, cuz it was a waste of octane

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
not playing, trust me

this guy wasnt playing with me.......i know this for a fact, thats all it was, him downshifting so that he doest stay behind me, that was his only way out, to downshift and pass me.....unless he didnt think i was gonna race and i got a take off on him and he tried to play catch up? but we took off at the same time, we were even for about 5 seconds off take off.:rolleyes:

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
Face it dude, you lost, nothing else to it. If he had to downshift to beat you, thats not cheating or anything, its using your engine and its tranny to its advantage. I do that all the time and sometimes i win, sometimes i dont. Utilize what you got.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
didnt mean to say cheating(wrong word used on my behalf).......

ok, this thread sucks now, because u guys werent there to see it and its hard to explain, now, i didnt lose because if i did, i wouldnt of posted this thread...:) the race was a long one, long enough for both us to upshift and long enough for him to downshift and damn long enough for me to catch him back up. end of story:D

·
Registered
702 Posts
to clear things up, he shifted to early in one of his gears and then when he realized his power loss...he downshifted to grab his power back, as i stated before YOUR engine had to shift everything correctly if you floored it like you said. maybe you won for that stretch but if he was driving that civic shifting every gear at 6500 or whatever he would have beat you no questions asked. can we mark it a tie? this would make him feel a little better.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
i dunno

haha, i guess that would make me feel a little better..lol. i'm no racing expert or nothing, i'm just telling u what happened, but i really dont consider it a win since he DID pass me up...haha......just trying to make conversation

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
LET ME STRAIGHTEN THINGS UP

OK, THIS IS THE THING, I'VE NEVER EVER DRIVEN A MANUAL CAR EVER, SO I DONT KNOW HOW THEIR TRANSMISSIONS WORK, NOW WHAT I DESCRIBED WAS WHAT I SAW THAT NIGHT...LOL....NOW IF MISSHIFTED OR WHATEVER, THATS HIS BAD, NOT MINE.......UMMM. U GUYS PROLLY KNOW MORE ABOUT TRANSMISSIONS SO WHATEVER

21 - 40 of 68 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.