Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought a 96 200sx se-r and it was allready heavily modded when I bought it. The previous owner had put aftermarket headlights on and I can't find them anywhere on the internet, but anyway he blew a bulb and it left a big black spot on the inside the the cover and the cover is sealed shut with some hard putty I guess to keep the moisture out and I was wondering If anybody knows a slick way of cleaning the inside of the headlight covers out without taking off the cover.Is there anything I can spray in there to eat the dirt away.Or should I try to pry the covers off and pray I don't break them and reseal them again.
Thanks in advance

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
search

Theres a thread about changing the color of the background on projectors.....maybe following the instructions from there will help ya......i think its in the cosmetic section......under black porjectors i think.....or something like that, try a search.

Hope it helps,
Chris

P.S. what part of pa you from??

·
Registered
393 Posts
if its on the lens of the housing, try using a pen or something and some tissue... wrap tissue around the tip of the pen and tape it or make sure its secure and then try to "scrub" it off that way. if its on the inner "chrome" part, you'll probably have to pull it apart. try putting it in the oven @ like 200 for a few mins, and see if you can pry it apart. i havent tried this but i would imagine its a pain, since it is not only glued but is secured by some sort of clips. (at least the civic ones that i was trying to pull apart were)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts