Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, im going to look into buying new heads/cams for my 97 GA16 motor.. but, i wonder, would it be cheaper to just get a GA20? im not sure, i think the 20 would be a bettr buy.. what do you think?

·
Sentra Flogger
108 Posts
do you mean an sr20de? if you do, it's a great little motor. but there's a lot of potential yet in the ga16de, especially with the hotshot turbo in development.

what to go with? it all depends.

ultimately, a turbo'd sr20de is gonna be the faster of the two motors (assuming both are turbo'd). but i'd just as soon go with a turbo'd ga16de over a NA sr20de.

on a side note, how much will the cams/heads run you? a whole new motor is quite an investment... but so are some of the new parts you're looking at. a good pair of JWT cams could cost you a pretty penny, indeed.

·
Sentra Flogger
108 Posts
so true, adam.

did you guys see the $3,000 silvia sr20det build-up in SCC a few months ago? doing the same to a 200sx/sentra is gonna cost ya more than a few bucks. i guess it's sorta like the infamous honda b16/b18 motor swaps. hey, if you can afford it, do it. but make it a damn turbo, please!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts