Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just swapped a DOHC KA into a SOHC chassis. I've had to swap the wiring harness going from the ECU to the Engine. So I read earlier on this very forum that it was easier to just swap the wiring behind the dash/instrument cluster than to wire it up (which I tried already, but couldn't get a good signal to the Ignition coil). So now I have the whole dashboard removed and now, im worried.

Is there a point that i could just disconnect part of the harness? Or do I have to exchange EVERYTHING, INCLUDING the power box that runs along the driver side kick panel? If anyone could help me, any information could really help.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
66 Posts
as an addendum- to those of you that have done the sohc to dohc KA swap. HELP!!!! the body wiring runs under the dash and over to the fuse box on the driver kick panel. some of the wires appear to run through the front left corner panel and somewhere else. we have the dash off, etc... and really need to have the car running soon. what do we have to do/need to do? the body wiring is comming from the donor car and doesn't have p/w or p/l. do these systems go away with the wiring swap too? there are lots of questions and we're running short on answers and time. any help is appreciated. thanks
peace
t

·
Registered
66 Posts
does no one here respond to the harder questions anymore?? come on guys. panda is out of town for a few days and I want to have his car running for him by the time he gets back. the instrument clusters won't swap. do I have to put in everything including the fuse/relay box under the air box? help is needed. anything is appreciated.
t

1 - 4 of 4 Posts