Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need a set of sloted brake rotors for my 94 sentra. any advice where i can get some or someone with some they would like t sel would sure help thanks

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
cross drilled rotors will not give you better braking for street. You should invest in larger brakes like the NX2000 or SMC setup. Once the cross-drilled rotors warp, you throw them out. They also crack and you also lose street performance from them. Bigger rotors will slow you down. Porsche and higher end cars use huge rotors to slow them down. The only reason they cross drill them is that it lightens the rotor weight for such a large rotor size. I use the stock NX2000 setup with Hawk pads and this blows the cross drilled front setup away. Also, get stainless steel lines for firm brake pedal feel.

Chris 92 classic

·
Registered
346 Posts
Cross drilled or Slotted rotors

Your right about Porsche and other high dollar sports cars that use cross drilled rotors to deduct weight from the over all mass. But if Porsche uses cross drilled rotors wouldnt theirs be prone to cracking as well? and when they go bad throw Porsche cross drilled rotors away? No. obviously there are machines made to resurface crossdrilled and slotted rotors as well. As for cross drilled or slotted rotors not helping braking, you are not entirely accurate as crossdrilled and slotted rotors not only help reduce overall weight but help dissapate heat to keep the rotor cooler. I myself am running Brembo crossdrilled and slotted rotors, Stillen Metal Matrix Brake Pads (which have a higher metal content and have a good bite) Goodridge Stainless steel Brake Lines and my entire Brake System was flushed and refilled with the best brake fluid.......Motul Dot4 Racing brake fluid. This combination or similar will yield better if not superior braking performance over the stock. But you are right that the NX2000 brake upgrade it self yields impressive results as well, man combine those monsters with Goodridge stainless steel lines and Motul Dot4 brake fluid and youll be lucky if you get to keep the fillings in your teeth when you brake! Take Care!

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for your info helpin out alot. i learn something new off here every day. ill look into the nx2000

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
Sentra GTR-1, did you do the NX2K brakes on the back (switching out your drum spindles for the rotor ones) as well as the front? Also, did you upgrade to the NK2K master cylinder? The overall impression I've gotten from people is that unless you're running autoX, then slotted and drilled rotors are a waste of money. I want to do the NX2K upgrade on my SE-R simply because I want it to be able to stop better before I getting it moving any faster. I don't know about you guys, but my '93 XE with no mods other than a homemade CAI and advanced timing was easily overpowering the brakes it has, I had those things smoking more than once. Now my SE-R, is balls to the wall quicker than my XE, but it also stops a lot better. I can't imagine having an XE that runs as fast as the SE-R with the crappy XE brakes. Drums may have more stopping power than rotors, but brake fade is a bitch, and drums are rendered useless real quick and those measley front rotors can't pick up the slack.

·
Registered
346 Posts
yo

No I didnt upgrade ther rear drums to rear discs as of yet, but I dont know why people continue to say that cross drilled and slotted rotors are a waste of money because there not. The thing that makes the NX2000 brake upgrade package so good is that they come with a more aggressive and bigger calipers, yes the rotors are bigger but what actually makes them good is that they are actually thicker than our stockers in which they can dissapate heat much quicker. You wouldnt be saying that the NX2000 brake upgrade was a waste of money if it was cross drilled right? I have crossdrilled and slotted rotors Pads, stainless lines and Motul brake fluid and I definetley feel a difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts