Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 Frontier NISMO. I am replacing the front rotors and removed the caliper and caliper assembly with no problem cept a few stubborn bolts. After doing so I attempted to slide the rotor off and it would not budge. I preceded to pound it with a 5 pound sledge for 3 hours...it still wont budge. I have soaked it with every anti-siezing compound known to mankind. Please please please tell me what I am doing wrong. Any advice is most welcome. Justin

·
Registered
315 Posts
2005 Frontier NISMO. I am replacing the front rotors and removed the caliper and caliper assembly with no problem cept a few stubborn bolts. After doing so I attempted to slide the rotor off and it would not budge. I preceded to pound it with a 5 pound sledge for 3 hours...it still wont budge. I have soaked it with every anti-siezing compound known to mankind. Please please please tell me what I am doing wrong. Any advice is most welcome. Justin
You probably will have to remove the wheel hub first. Lotsa luck.

·
Registered
315 Posts
You probably will have to remove the wheel hub first. Lotsa luck.
It might be easier if you take the wheel hub off first and then try to hammer the rotors off. Alternate the hammer blows from left to right and spray some PB Blaster around the rotor where it sits on the hub. They must really be rusted on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts