Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
..::SR20 MuthaF*%@#$::..
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, first of all i had a problem with my powersteering pump because of this dude that installed my powersteering pressure hose didnt install it right so it still leaked. So when i turn it would *squeel* and some times it would even feel like no power steering then be soft again.
Anyway, i was driving yesterday because it was a nice day and i just got my new rotor/brakes put on just got done breaking them in. Before i took off to go do that my brother was saying there was a RATTLEING/TINGING noise. i sed dont worry it was my hood [cause i was a careless [email protected]] . I drove around for 10 mins came back home. Then left after an hour and drove for like 8 mins. then as i was driving my car just jerked to a stop as i applied the brake and kind of swirved from a bump. and since i had it in gear it tried to start up again [like push start] so i poped it out and turn to the nearest street and parked it. i tried to start it and it seem like it wanted to turn over but made a Squeeling noise and dint start. i did it twice because it sounded really bad. so i had my bro come pik me up. so its sittin there rite now and i was thinking if it was to be tha powersteering? could the pump go out and seize and ccause the pulley to not spinn and make the crank shaft pulley not want to start or turn over the car? or what can the problem be.
i really appreciate that u took your time to read all of this. i know it was alot and thank you for your help!
-is there a way i can get a belt so i dont have to have powersteering ? how do the people go and do that?] thank you again for ur help!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
actually yes thats probebly exactly it , real loud fn squeel right, just have someone turn your car over and see if all the pullys turno, if the power stearing one doesnt then thats yer problem. that and the pulsating turning was the pump loosing and regaining pressure, eitehr its a qa wink ee dink that it went out right after the guy put new lines on or he took it off and f'ed it up

1 - 2 of 2 Posts