Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I have some questions regaurding 240SXs, a friend of mine is planning on building an S13 with an SR20DET. I said for him to hold on, that the swap may be more expensive than a good motor build up which would take more power/be more reliable. He is asking me questions that are car specific and I cannot answer, (I am building a Twin Turbo Mustang) in addition if I am gonna help him I need to know some myself. I need some info on how hard this swap is, how much do fresh motors/trannies/electrical run with them? I need some info on the stock motor. Its a KA24DE right? Are they SD or MAF? SOHC or DOHC? What are the advantages and disadvantages of this motor compared to an SR20DET.

This will most likely be a turbo project using a rebuilt turbo. How much hp/TQ can the manual transmission take? What are common problem with it? Can the bellhousing from the KA bolt up to an SR? Are there any custom tuning chips that are available that are not standalone units? (Such as LS1 Edit for Camaros or TwEECr for Mustangs?)

How much horsepower on a KA before the block splits/cracks? How strong are the SR crank/rods/pistons? What about the KA crank/rods/pistons? Whats the compression ratio on the KA? CP on the SR?

Anything I should know before going into this? I only have experience with Ford EFI V8s and V6s, but I have a good amount on both.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that all Labor, except engine build/machine work, will be done my myself and my friend, its not my first swap.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Not trying to be a jerk here, but one of the first rules of the forum is, search before you post... All of the questions you have just asked have been asked and answered, and covered, numerous times, just use your search button, or just file through the threads till you find what you're looking for...there is plenty of information regarding what you have asked throughout these forums.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
the ka24de is DOHC and MAF, search around because the sr swap is not the only swap, there are very many other swaps people have done that you may find you like better. :cheers:

·
Registered
347 Posts
tupacglock said:
Hi, I have some questions regaurding 240SXs, a friend of mine is planning on building an S13 with an SR20DET. I said for him to hold on, that the swap may be more expensive than a good motor build up which would take more power/be more reliable. He is asking me questions that are car specific and I cannot answer,

This will most likely be a turbo project using a rebuilt turbo. How much hp/TQ can the manual transmission take? What are common problem with it? Can the bellhousing from the KA bolt up to an SR? Are there any custom tuning chips that are available that are not standalone units? (Such as LS1 Edit for Camaros or TwEECr for Mustangs?)

How much horsepower on a KA before the block splits/cracks? How strong are the SR crank/rods/pistons? What about the KA crank/rods/pistons? Whats the compression ratio on the KA? CP on the SR?

Anything I should know before going into this? I only have experience with Ford EFI V8s and V6s, but I have a good amount on both.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that all Labor, except engine build/machine work, will be done my myself and my friend, its not my first swap.
www.ka-t.org
www.northwestnissans.com

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts