Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure where to find what I need. My girlfriend might be coming into possesion of a Sentra SE Coupe (hatchback). I need info on this car. Is it a B12, or B13? What engine is in it? What's available for it? What engine is it? GA16DE, or GA16i? Any info would be helpful, or just a point in the right direction. Thanks,
Jason

·
Garage Sultan
1,173 Posts
Alright heres what u need to know:

B11: 1982-1986
B12: 1987-1990
B13: 1991-1994
B14: 1995-1999
B15: 2000+

In Canada the B12 was sold until 1994. It was called a SENTRA CLASSIC.

If memory serves me correct the Hatchback was only offered in 2 Model years, the B11 and the B12.

The B11 had an E16i engine in it that produced 70 or so HP in stock form.

The B12 was available with several options. The '87's and '88's came with the same E16i engine as the B11. The Hatch's were offered with Front Wheel Drive. The '89's and '90's came with the GA16i. This engine produces 92HP and 96 lb-ft of torque in stock form.
With the GA16i's the Hatch was offered with optional 4 wheel drive (they are rare though).

Im assuming that it is a B12. If your looking for whats available head to the B12 subforum (link above). I posted a list of Body kits and stuff there.
There not a whole lot available though.

If she really wants to make lots of power and speed, then swapping to either a CA18DE (direct swap) or SR20DE (need to drill custom holes) is probably necessary. Again the B12 subforum has some discussions going on right now about those swaps.

The high point of the B12's is handling. My B12 drives nice tight circles around my Friends 2002 Mustang. I recommend that she goes for rims and a sportier suspension if she gets it to enhance this great point of the car.

-Nick

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks! I think it's a '90 or '91. Not sure yet, depends on when her dad gets a new car. I'll be able to find out more when it's actually in the driveway. He's going to sell it to her cheap, family discount and all. I was thinking it had the GA16i, and figured a GA16DE swap would be cheapest and easiest. Since parts are starting to be more plentiful, I thought it might be fun to see what we could get out of it. Besides, I don't want her beating my 200 SE-R. I'm going to look around the B12 area now.
Jason

·
Garage Sultan
1,173 Posts
Actually, i dont think the GA16i to GA16DE is a direct swap. I seem to recall that you need to drill custom holes in the frame. I dunno, I were in your position i would hook her up with a CA18DE. In stock form its about 20 HP less than the stock SR20. Even if she tunes it, a SR20 with similar mods should still take in terms of HP.

The only advantage the CA18DE has over the SR20DE is the gearbox. The CA18DE has a very well geared and very durable gearbox that can produce some speedy acceleration if used right. I think the CA18DE came in Pulsars. Im looking at getting one...

Your, right the GA16DE is getting more parts for it and it wouldnt be a bad engine if you wanted to be sure you could beat her. But then again, I always used to let my girlfriend win ("that damn automatic transmission or something like that").....

Maybe just go with what is cheaper and available. your call.

-Nick

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kafn8ed said:
Hey thanks! I think it's a '90 or '91. Not sure yet, depends on when her dad gets a new car. I'll be able to find out more when it's actually in the driveway. He's going to sell it to her cheap, family discount and all. I was thinking it had the GA16i, and figured a GA16DE swap would be cheapest and easiest. Since parts are starting to be more plentiful, I thought it might be fun to see what we could get out of it. Besides, I don't want her beating my 200 SE-R. I'm going to look around the B12 area now.
Jason
does the ca18de and the ca18deT not bolt right in.
thats what i thought as well as was planning on doing to my B12. but then i could be wrong. NE ways let me know if im wrong or right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts