Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 97 nissan sentra and recently it broke, After some mechanic saw he replace one part on it. I don't really know the name of but the replacement took about 5 min, he uplug 4 connectors that connect sparkle light with it and, that part was connected by two screws. Some electrical part.

After that car start, so the machanic left and about 3 hours later I got check sevice engine soon light. I took car to autozone and they checked it and told be these problems

P0446 : Evaprative emission control vent control circuit malfunction

P0325 : Knock Sensor

P0430 : Camshaft Position Sensor

It truns out that knock senro is expenssive and camshaft position it about the third of the knock senor. Not mentioning that somebody needs to replace them plus the P0446 is still unknow

O.K, Do I need to fix all of the problems, I don't want the car to blow or stop, I don't care if it blow, but if stops I will proabably need to move.

Do I need to fix all of them, are they easy to fix.

I have no Idea what to do.

Help

·
Registered
11 Posts
nissan

you have problem and if you living in NY area you can call me I try help you, jak mowisz po polsku to jeszcze lepiej, wczoraj robilem podobny problem, tutaj nie dowiesz sie za duzo jak chcesz wiecej napisz:
te sensory walka rozzadu i wal korbowy to znany problem w nissanie, mozesz go wymienic za darmo a co do knock sensor to nie panikuj bo to prawdopodobnie blad wywolany tamtym parowaniem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
P0446
P0325
P0430

if you worry about P0446 and P0325 you can stop, but P0430 can stop you engine someday. Check wire on CamS Pos sensor first.
If you want to check P0446 check O2 Bank 1 and Bank2 both sensor and tell me Lambda = ??

·
Registered
11 Posts
hi,
nice if you tell me how many miles is on your sentra.
you said: he uplug 4 connectors that connect sparkle light with it, so I thing he check timing,
also: It truns out that knock sensor is expenssive and camshaft position it about the third of the knock senor that I thing both sensor is good. Now, you should be check wire on camshaft sensor (if sensor is good). Check what tell you Lambda Bank 1, and tell me do you smell sometimes like gasoline inside the car?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mistake Not P0430 but PO 340 for camshaft position sensor

O.K I went to auto zone again, I wanted to purchase camshaft position sensor, the seller at auto zone camshaft postion senor is not required for 97 nissan sentra, then he checked the error in the car and guess what P0340 so he earased the errors, I think I drove for about three hours and service engine light went on again. So is that cmashaft position required or not?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lorekcars said:
you have problem and if you living in NY area you can call me I try help you, jak mowisz po polsku to jeszcze lepiej, wczoraj robilem podobny problem, tutaj nie dowiesz sie za duzo jak chcesz wiecej napisz:
te sensory walka rozzadu i wal korbowy to znany problem w nissanie, mozesz go wymienic za darmo a co do knock sensor to nie panikuj bo to prawdopodobnie blad wywolany tamtym parowaniem.

A jak to sie wimienia,

pewnie knock senor nie bede wiminiac

·
Registered
17 Posts
marcin said:
Extreme noob question where is camshaft position sensor located?
The emission code, could be just a gas cap, Nissan's ecm actually monitors pressure buildup, I will ask you this, When you get gas, do you notice the gas pump shutting off by it self alot? if so, replace the vent control valve, attached to the vapor cannister

·
Registered
11 Posts
lorekcars said:
P0340 to czujnik polozenia walu rozrzadu
to znaczy ze nie bylo kodu P0430 bo nim sie nie musisz przejmowac. To znaczy ze w Twojej diagnozie mam zastapic PO440 na PO340??

A po co kupywales ten czujnik, przeciez mowiles ze juz byl wymieniany. Mieszkasz w NY area? Zanim bedziesz pakowal pieniadze w bzdury zdiagnozuj silnik na komputerze, czasami samochod nie jest wart tego bo przyczyna jest bledne diagnozowanie komputera.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts