Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1992 240sx, my car got broken into and they took my deck, they also cut my factory harness and now my dash lights, speedometer lights, shifter lights dont turn on cig. lighter. i installed a new deck without and harness the deck works but everything else stayed the same. is there a way i can hook everything up so everything works properly. please help i cant see my speed when in driving at night

·
Registered
189 Posts
Sounds like they cut the power wire for the lights on your gauge cluster. Or shorted the fuse out. If there is a fuse for that.... Pull the deck out and look to see if anything else was cut or damaged and look on the fuse panel and see if there is a fuse for those lights and see if it is shot. They may have blown it when cutting the wires... Never know??

Also learn a lesson and take the face off when you leave :thumbup: I lock mine in the glove box.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i replaced all the fuses and there are still wires that i didnt connect to anything. when i tried to reconnect and fix it everything works like how it should. but when i turn on the turning signal lights or head light everything turns off again and it turns back on when i turn off the head lights.

·
mmmmmm SQ
749 Posts
Chris90FB240sx said:
Sounds like they cut the power wire for the lights on your gauge cluster. Or shorted the fuse out. If there is a fuse for that.... Pull the deck out and look to see if anything else was cut or damaged and look on the fuse panel and see if there is a fuse for those lights and see if it is shot. They may have blown it when cutting the wires... Never know??

Also learn a lesson and take the face off when you leave :thumbup: I lock mine in the glove box.
:thumbup: some of us don't have removable face plates. And the glove box is a stupid place to put it. The majority of theives will assume you left the faceplate somewhere in the car. And it doesnt matter if its "locked in the glovebox," the theif got into the LOCKED car didnt he?

·
Registered
189 Posts
i replaced all the fuses and there are still wires that i didnt connect to anything. when i tried to reconnect and fix it everything works like how it should. but when i turn on the turning signal lights or head light everything turns off again and it turns back on when i turn off the head lights.
Sounds like to me you wired your toggle wire (which turns the lights on when you flip the switch for your lights) backwards... If they are on and then when you turn the lights on they go off... Thats probably it..

If I was you spend some time and find a wiring diagram of the dash and make sure yo have your right wires reconnected to the right wires.

Also the face plate thing. If I was trying to steal a Reciever out of a car and I didnt see the face plate on the Reciever I might go to another car. Thieves usually look for the easiest target, they dont want to work to hard for what they want. :rolleyes:
Also if your gonna spend some good money on speakers and stuff, you might want an alarm system. :thumbup:

·
mmmmmm SQ
749 Posts
Chris90FB240sx said:

Also the face plate thing. If I was trying to steal a Reciever out of a car and I didnt see the face plate on the Reciever I might go to another car. Thieves usually look for the easiest target, they dont want to work to hard for what they want. :rolleyes:
Spend some time on a real audio forum and you will see how wrong you are. The average crackhead will move on to a different car, but chances are a real theif has heard you bumping your system and is targeting you. They dont go up to random cars

·
Registered
189 Posts
LOL so there are Audio thieves that only steal audio stuff...

Dude any thief is looking for a easy steal and if they have to search and fight for the face plate they usually dont bother.

Yet again get a removable face plate and either keep it under locks or take it with you.. Ive never had my car touched cause I take mien out everytime and Ive got about 600 bucks in audio stuff. :)

·
mmmmmm SQ
749 Posts
Chris90FB240sx said:
Dude any thief is looking for a easy steal and if they have to search and fight for the face plate they usually dont bother.
Wrong. I'm not arguing with you, just search around on some audio forums and see how many people are dumbfounded that they still got thier shit stolen even though they had their face plate "locked in the glove box"

Chris90FB240sx said:
Yet again get a removable face plate and either keep it under locks or take it with you.. Ive never had my car touched cause I take mien out everytime and Ive got about 600 bucks in audio stuff. :)
See, thats all well and good, but my eclipse CD5444 doesnt have a removable face plate. It just wont work if its removed from my car (key CD). I've also never had my car touched b/c of audio (alarm paged me once because some lady backed into my car, collected an $840 check to repair my dented quarter panel) and I'm not going to go into how much money in audio i have invested

1 - 8 of 8 Posts