Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO i gotta rb20det into my s13,but now I need to figure out what kinda lsd to go with.Ive been told that i should go with an r32 lsd since its made for an inline6 engine and that it would be better then,say a j30 lsd or a 180sx lsd. Also Ive seen the r33 lsd used,and I recently found out thatthe Cefiro lsd will work too.Im pretty set on gettin an r32 vlsd or an r33 vlsd,but is there a difference in the r33 lsd and the Cefiro lsd?I can get the Cefiro lsd for cheaper...WHAT THE HELL SHOULD I GO WITH??

·
I should be azRS13...
1,021 Posts
Are you doing anything serious with the car? Or just daily driving? Do you have a R32 rear end or stock 240? If you are doing anything more than daily driving then I would scrap even thinking about VLSD. Wield your open diff or pony up for something more serious like a KAAZ

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nah I dont plan on hittin the track anytime soon,my hatch is a daily driver and i dont plan on pushin more than 350hp,a totally obtainable goal. If i upgrade from the RB20 itll be something nasty like a RB26dett or a 2JZ.Right now im jus havin fun,im probably only afew upgrades away from my goal.Ive got the stock 240 rear end.

·
I should be azRS13...
1,021 Posts
Switch out to a R32 or z32 rear end and you should be good

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well,thats the thing,I can get the Cefiro/rb25det lsd for dirt cheap,cheaper than an r32, r33,or z32 lsd...I jus dont know if its better.SO ill stick to what I know,and get the r32 lsd.As an avid street battler I always seek the cheapest solution,but when in comes to getting an lsd i think I should stay on the safe side and go with what would work best with the engine.Thanks for your advice man.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts