Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok here it is, my 87 5spd 300z wont start... it truns over but wont crank... ive put new battery on, checked fuel system, got a full tank of gas, checked all but injectors... i unhooked my air filter right at the throttle body, ive checked my plugs, wires, distributor and coil... when i bought the car my brother riped out the horn for the alarm system. but makes no sence ive been driving it for 5 months never had this prob... what happened was i was at the store. my wife went in and it was taking her a while so i turned it off. she came out and i went to start and she just truned over and over... ive checked most of my fuses in the car but not under the hood. any thing that yall can do to help me figure this out would be greatly apricated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i did an ecu check and i think the codes was 21,22 and 23 but i dont understand what they mean i check the diagram of the codes and i got confused. i talked to my brother and he tinks it might have jumped time. or the injectors arent working. he said to get some carb cleaner and spray in your throttle body while turning it over if it trys to run then its ur injectors he said to check ur relays thats what im gonna try. if so advanced has 1 for like $12 so if that helps u to. i say try and see.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I checked mine out yesterday and didnt get anything. i even swapped batterys with my old ladys car and still all i got was a lit up gauge cluster but i guess im going to have to just get it towed here so i can work on it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I take it you have a good blue flame on the spark plugs, you've checked fuel pressure at the fuel rail, and the engine turns over. Are the spark plugs gas fouled or oil fouled? Have you done a compression test? Timing can be checked by rotating the engine to the timing mark. The distributor button should then be pointing at the #1 spark plug prong on the cap.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I don't have my Z31 book with me, but I found a list of Sentra codes.

21 Ignition Signal.
22 Fuel Pump.
23 Idle Switch.

The Z31 FSM is available for download around here somewhere. It should have a step by step chart of things to check for each code.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts