Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any clues as to where i can get a new timing chain cover ? i had to make a trip up to seattle yesterday and somewhere along the way my timing chain cover cracked open so now i'm sitting with a ga15 that runs but spits out all the oil it gets i want to be able to get it sometime soon but with my luck i won't be able to and i'll just have to go ahead and replace the engine for a new one (damn this kind of ticks me off i was supposed to be getting me soem new wheels and tires but alot of good thats going to do me if i have a car that i cant drive....... anyways hopefully i can get a new one soon.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well i'm just going to put this out in the open( i know this'll sound pretty ghetto and it mostlikely won't work) but do you guys think that i might be able to "patch " it up with some jb weld? so that i can atleast limp my car for the moment til i can get a new cover.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
should work fine, even some rtv, its not pressurize but there is a lot of oil flinging around in taht area so as long as whatever u put on it is oil resistant and tuff enough u should be fine, what would be best is to find a firend with a welder and just hit it up real quick

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i'm not so sure about th jb weld though i mean i'm not sure if it cracked from pressure or from the chain slipping but i didnt notice any change in how the engine runs( minus the oil trail that it leaves behind) and sadly if i was back in southern idaho i could have a number of people weld it back but i live 9 hours away now in northern idaho

1 - 4 of 4 Posts