Nissan Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
I think I lost my mod-nes
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is completely off topic, but still tons of fun.
Last night, (technically this morning) at 2am I was working the highway about 15 miles from the nearest town. It's looking like it's gonna be a SLOW night. Usually, there's at least a little bit of something that goes on every night, after everyone is asleep, but tonight, it doesn't look like there's gonna be anything. I"m on a 2 mile straightaway, and I see a headlight coming toward me a *little* faster than most headlights come toward me. We've got radar mounted in the windshield on our cars for those light traffic evening like this, there's nothing else for it to bounce off of, (Laser for during the day and stuff, but that's handheld, different altogether) and it's easy to use. Just flip a switch, and you know the speed of everything coming the opposite direction. So flip it I did. A moment later the speed pops up on screen: 102mph!! Woohoo, I got one!
I slow down, and hit the rooflights, and a couple seconds later, the guy flies by me. He no stoppie for statie. That's bad. I turn around and get the other lights going, and the siren. (Even after doing this for two years, I STILL love to hit the sirens:D ) I'm calling in for somebody to help me out, and catching up with the guy. I got up to 130mph on the straightaway, then had to slow down some, but it still took me about two minutes to catch up with him. He slowed down, and turned onto a thin country road, and took off again. I quit the chase after a few miles. Luckily the camera in my car was able to get the license plate of the guys bike, when I caught up with him, along with a pretty decent (if not grainy) picture of him looking back right befre he turned onto the side road, so we've already ID'd the guy, know where he lives, and sometime today, there will be a 2002 Honda CBR954RR impounded, and it's owner will get a "statement" for felony evasion, reckless operation, and no turn signal. :) That's all boring stuff, though. I was just excited about the chase. I don't get to do that a lot, and usually when you get one, it's some POS '84 Camaro or something that the guy only THINKS is fast enough to outrun me. And sadly, more often than not, a chase involves me physically running after someone. An actual high speed car chase is few and far between. I just thought I'd share my fun filled evening. :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
That guy on the bike should be ashamed of himself for even letting you that close to him. He deserves to get caught If that was me I'd pull my string attached to my plate as soon as I saw you, down shifter to 3rdand been out. 160 here i come...Nice kill anyway

·
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I thought. I think he was taunting me, KNOWING I couldn't catch him, and letting me catch up, then taking off again. I just don't think he was thinking about the camera in the car, though. There's dummies, everywhere. I never expected to catch up. I figured he'd see the lights, twist off some more throttle, and by the time I got turned around, he'd have been long gone.

·
pay your rent!
601 Posts
some people are just stupid, going fast is one thing, not taking your punishment is another, espeicially messing with a state boy, what an idiot, back in ohio you dont mess with the state patrol or thell mess with you hard, and not even crack an expression!

·
One and only (sr20)
229 Posts
Dude is a cop!!! I cant stand them fuckers!!! I got pulled for going 30mph in a 35mph zone.. So, there was people?? Tell them to get the hell out of the road and stop pulling me for my muffler..

·
pay your rent!
601 Posts
dude, cops aint that bad, i mean i avoid them too but as long as you show them respect you'll generaly get the same (there is always an asshole hear and there though).

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
sentragtr20 said:
Dude is a cop!!!
very observant! And cops are a good thing. They usually protect you from yourself. But petty tickets usually just means their on a power trip. Sucks to be a victim on either side of the fence.

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
I havnt met too many kewl highway patrols around here. City, and sherifs departments are cool but you cnat even play around with them highway boys, they dont play. 97 sentra you sound like a really cool guy, maybee one of the exceptions. If you dont get too many car chases , maybee you should move down here into cali. Almost evry night my scanner is popping off with some long fast chase.
Funny thing about the city guys is that i grew up with most of them. If not i have met them through mutual friends. Or i used to manage a Car wash when i was younger so i met them in there.

·
Banned
118 Posts
I've got respect for you doing your job and all...but he was doing 102mph in the middle of nowhere at 2am. I mean I know that's bad and all...but it's not like he was endangering anyone or weaving though traffic between buses full of school children. He deserves to get his ass beat for actually letting you catch up to him...but I still think it's ridiculus how you do 102mph and then you are a criminal and a danger to society. It's dangerous yeah....but I think there is more important things out there than "reckless" speeding motorist. And I love how you got a kick out of writing what charges he is going to faceas well...:rolleyes: So he goes from a normal speeding citizen to a felon criminal......'cause he was pushing his bike a little.

I know this sounds like I am defending him (and turst me I'm not...'cause running and speeding are 2 diffrent thing issues...) but although I have never ran from police, too many times I have been treated like the scum of the earth just because I stepped on the gas a little too hard for the goverments liking. Insted of going out there and catching the murderes, wife beaters and sex offenders...you're out there "picking" on a motorist that was doing 102mph...and like you said...in the middle of nowhere at 2 o'clock at night...:rolleyes:

Like I stated before...I know you are doing your job...but in my opinion it's not like you made the society a better or a safer place for putting his ass in deep shit.....my two cents...

FACT: For every 1 bad cop, there is 3 good cops...and 12 asshole cops...

BTW: This is a opinion of a very, very bitter 22 year old that has paid his local police departmens payroll....many times over...
:D

·
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hagasan said:
So he goes from a normal speeding citizen to a felon criminal......'cause he was pushing his bike a little. ...

No, he goes from a speeding motorist to a felon for running from me.

Insted of going out there and catching the murderes, wife beaters and sex offenders...you're out there "picking" on a motorist that was doing 102mph...and like you said...in the middle of nowhere at 2 o'clock at night...:rolleyes:

I'd hardly think ANY sane person would think of that as "picking" on a motorist, 2am or not.

Like I stated before...I know you are doing your job...but in my opinion it's not like you made the society a better or a safer place for putting his ass in deep shit.....my two cents...
:D

Uh, where did you get that I thought I made society a better place or a safer place? I see a highly excessive speeder, I go to stop him, he runs, and so he pays for that. And you see a problem with the way that situation works out?

·
Banned
118 Posts
Uh, where did you get that I thought I made society a better place or a safer place?
That's your job...remember???..."To protect and serve"... I guess allot of you forget that....

I'd hardly think ANY sane person would think of that as "picking" on a motorist, 2am or not.
...that's where your preception of SANE differs from mine...but I guess that's why you're a cop and I'm not..
You also avoided or missed the point of the statment I made...

...like i said...it's a matter of personal opinion...

Do I think you did your job??? Yes...

Do I think it was nessecary or needed??? Nope...

But then again...your department does have to make money somehow...harrasing motorist is much easier and profitable than prosecuting killers, rapist etc...:rolleyes:

·
pay your rent!
601 Posts
out here if you go over 100mph your pretty much losing you license. and he is pro tecting imangine if a truck pulled out in front of him. he was trying to protect him from himself. running from a cop has always been in my opinion a disrespectfull idea. imo the guy deserves what he gets. like i said you want to play your gonna pay, and if you acually get away hell thats most of the fun!!:D

·
Registered
79 Posts
What are you doing posting stories like that on a forum with a bunch of automotive enthusiasts? I'd bet over 95% of the people here have broken the speed limit at one point (not trying to start an argument regarding if thats wrong or not).

Whether or not people agree with what happened (I'm not saying either way), you are bound to piss someone off that probably got pulled over recently.

Sounds like you were just looking for trouble...

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
The guy broke the law, no ifs, ands or buts about it. Was what he was doing unsafe..maybe. What if some thing had ran into the road? Speed limits exist for a reason. You wanna go fast, thats what tracks are for. Do you think 97sentragxe was bein a a$$hole, I dont. Every cop I have talked to(i also lived with one for a while) gives some leway to speed limits to a point becasue they relize that the posted limit isnt nessaraly the highest "safe" speed for that section of road or you may be speeding unintentionaly. Buy busting speeders he is helping us more than you know. Do you know one of the reasons sports car and bike insurance is so high? It not becasue they are fast, it is because people drive them at high speeds when they are not supposed to and the insurance companies know this. Give 97sentragxe a break, he was doing his job and helping us out.

On the other hand one of my friends once told me "Cops just wanna race too"

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.