Nissan Forum banner

i lost my CAI

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  200'side 
#1 ·
I dont know how but on my way home tonight i heard a clunky sound and then a scrapping sound i thought i had caught something underneath my car so i swirved a little bit i say something behind me when it was loose. I then pulled over cause i smel soemthing burning and i opened my hood and it was gone. My CAI pulled out from the mass air I dont how but it did i turned around to see if it wasnt ruined of course when i saw it, it was as flat as a pancake. so know i have no CAI or air filter for that matter of fact

i thought you all might find this interesting or funny
but im sad about it

#3 ·
ilove tampoa supposed to move there anyway back to being on topic
according to hotshot that wasnt supposed to happen but i need to call them tomorrow and we will figure out what went wrong its been on for a little longer then a month there was some rattling noises prior but i thought we had fixed that when we made things a little tighter i dont think that has happened before unless someone was racing dont be afraid to put on on your self mine migth have had soem defective clamps or the tubing might have gotten bent i am not sure its not liek i could have picked up the old one it was flat lol

#9 ·
no CAI, no cry?

nak1 said:
your making me want to get a WAI! haha... im already worried about the rain and stuff getting in it. does this really happen? it rains hard as shit here in Tampa this time of year!
yO
dont worry about the rain!
I live in Orlando and I had my HS CAI for about a year now. During the huricane season I was afraid to drive in the rain, but for you to get any water up in there you'd have to submerge da filter fully. The only thing you really have to worry about is flooding. Besides that I think CAI's are a must:D !!!

#11 ·
found the problem

It appears that i have a broken motor mount in my front end which was vibrating my engine so much that it loosened it up and fell off! broken motor mounts are weird for an automatic !apparently when i was in my accident which was a front end collision they auto body guys never bothered to check to see if it was fractured or not or if they did see it the probably were to lazy to bother which pisses me off even more.
it always seems that after i fix or add soemthing to my car something else goes wrong :0(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.