Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Smth Crmnl,not therapist
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...But could you you guys please help me out. Currently, along with my SE-R, I have a totalled Eclipse GS-T. The shop I'm going to to fix it is going to buy another GS-T and used primarily body parts from it. I was just wondering if it would be possible to swap that other 4G63T into my SE-R. They're both FWD and 2.0L, so I thought it might be possible. Also, on that note, if it would even be possible, I was wondering if after that it would be possible to hook it up to Se-R tranny, as it is a stick and I don't know what the GS-T tranny would be. Plus, Eclipse trannys aren't known for their strength :). Thanx a lot for your time guys.

·
Registered
145 Posts
how wierd... i was just thinking of selling out and trading in my 200sx for a gs-T...

i really dont think the swap would work though... If i were you, i'd look into getting a sr20DET

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
Not easily possible and definately not worth it. Get yourself an SR20DE-T or an FMAX kit if you're itching for boost. Cramming a 4G63T would easily cost upwards of $10000 to do it right. Fabrication of custom motor mounts, custom ECU, custom transmission, and that's all assuming it would fit. Drop $10000 on a DE-T and you've got a car that's scraping low 11s if not faster.

·
Registered
76 Posts
If I were you I would take the spare motor home and use those parts on your current GS-T. You are better off just doing a DET swap in your car. You would have no limited slip (unless you bought it) with a GST swap so the power would actually not all go down. It is not worth the money nor the time. Good luck with getting your car fixed. Have a good one!

·
Registered
64 Posts
just a little sidenote for 200sxpower...if you are thinkin about gettin a turbo eclipse...your better bet would probably be the GSX instead of the GS-T becuz the GSX is AWD for better traction...jus thought id give some advice

1 - 5 of 5 Posts