Nissan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Towards Antisocial
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the deal here? Why does everyone love these cars so much? I mean, I was doing about 45MPH in my 200SX (GA16DE) and this OLD A$$ Cavalier with like 20" chrome rims was trying me SO HARD. He kept kreeping back and forth next to me, up to my front tires then back to behind me, then gunning it again. I got tired of this and figured I could smoke this guy right (i got a couple of mods, right), so I threw the 200SX into 3rd and tried to dip out. I guess I was hangin for a minute and all was good but then hey blew me out like I wasn't moving. All I could think was maybe this guy had nitrous or something. I could swear that I raced one of those new cavaliers and beat it, so I figured an old a$$ '83 or something would be even easier. WTF???? I was so dissapointed. I gotta get rid of this thing LOL!!!

I drove my friends new RSX (non type-s) and it wasn't all that. Just thought I'd relay that to ya'll. Dont get me wrong, it was really nice but I was dissapointed that it wasn't crazy fast. I smoke 1st and 2nd gear nicely though!!

·
freakish poster
1,236 Posts
Don't feel bad...I got smoked going uphill by some cray broad driving an old ass Dodge Colt or something. It was like, WTF just happened??

·
Towards Antisocial
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL. That was kind of funny centurion. At least this sh!t will teach me not to street race (cause I constantly get my a$$ handed to me)

Well, I have had some glory... let's see.... I beat a cavalier. I beat a much older integra that had exhaust and who knows what else, it was dropped and so forth. I beat two of those actually. I really haven't raced anything else but I was really proud that I beat some Ac's.

Sometimes I pretend that I beat the fast cars next to me at the stop lights, you know when you floor it and you pull on a fast car cause the guy driving the vette or camaro or what have you isn't really racing. Yeah, I like to pretend at this point.

Maybe I can beat a old neon with one of the cylinders not firing. Nah, I doubt it. (just a joke fella's)

·
Registered
186 Posts
well if you guys were only going 45 and his was a stick he could have put in 2nd and he basically would have left you in the dust then he probably switched to third at 60. 200's are the best, dont get rid of it unlees youre going 300

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
blueboost said:
Sometimes I pretend that I beat the fast cars next to me at the stop lights, you know when you floor it and you pull on a fast car cause the guy driving the vette or camaro or what have you isn't really racing. Yeah, I like to pretend at this point.
I do the same thing. :D

·
Registered
254 Posts
the old cavaliers with the z34 package are awesome cars. If i remember correctly they use the old 3.1L six banger which hauls stumps.

sweet engine with lots of aftermarket support, dont feel bad. You can easily attain 200whp on those suckers.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Don't feel bad those older cavaliers haul... one snuck right up on me and flew by I knew the kid too but I did catch up somewhat but it wasnt worht getting caught and traffic stopped us just ahead anyway...everyone gotta lose sometime right?:D

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I have absolutly no mods.. and an automatic transmission.. and a GA16

Yet I have no fear in racing.

Here is a list of cars I have beaten and lost to

Lost:
'99 Cavlier
'90 Dodge Colt
Old Acura Integra
Ford f-350
'02 cavalier
'93 Sentra
Cadilac
Eclipse
VW Hippie Bus

Won:
60 yr. Old guy on a bike
Somehow... for some reason.. a Ford Probe (i think '96)

·
Registered
702 Posts
thats what we have these cars for, you know you can make them faster...lol...look at project 200SX 1.6 in NPM or SCC...mike young is running low boost and attains 168whp..just think what he does when the boost is cranked up and SCC project 1.6 all motor...they can easily blow a list of cars out of the water...just save your pennies and dont give up.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Murph said:
the old cavaliers with the z34 package are awesome cars. If i remember correctly they use the old 3.1L six banger which hauls stumps.

sweet engine with lots of aftermarket support, dont feel bad. You can easily attain 200whp on those suckers.
Nope!

The Cavaliers were Z24's. The Z34's were the Lumina's.

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
You guys can take turns driving my car;) I can assure you that you won't lose to the cavalier anymore, but you buy what you break (LOL):D

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Hope you guys' aren't afraid of things passing objects (animate or still) being just a blur;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts