Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 1996 200sx SE 5 speed b14 bodystyle with the ga15de. I know there are a lot of people that definitely know their stuff here, I'm just starting to learn some things. I come from the minitruckin culture, I have a bodydropped 1992 Isuzu pickup on 20s with a dump bed and cantilever suspension, but now that I have this car, I want to get it looking/running good too. What should I do first, and what is the cheapest and most beneficial mods I should do now? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what else? is it really difficult to turbo the ga15de? i know theres at least one ga15det out there...

id do an sr20det if i had the money, but i definitely dont.

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,227 Posts
If this is a USA model it should have the GA16DE
There are lots of threads on parts. Start with exhaust and intake.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
youre right, its ga16de.

i think i may get tein coils first, then an intake, pacesetter headers, and an exhaust

·
Registered
249 Posts
TUNE UP

2" cat back exhaust with a non-turbo style muffler. When you do this do not use the crush bent piping but the mandral (sp?) bent piping (I also recommend that you also put the largest 2" resonator that you can fit). Then Weapon-R makes a good header, then a intake. Past that I put on a set of KYB AGX adjustable struts. My next thing to get is Ground control coil-overs, this will allow you to adjust the drop form 0" up to 3". (for street use do not drop it more than 1.5" front and 1" back) With these springs I'm going 300lb/in front and 275lb/in rear (I would go 250lb/in front and 200lb/in rear for car that is strictly for street). This set up (what i have so far) is very loud but not as ricey as some that i have seen. These spring rates will be ok for street but I'm building my car for AutoX racing. Past that I'm leaving mine alone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts