Nissan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
and i replaced that gasket on the left.

then i noticed that tube on the right. is that supposed to have a gasket?

thanks

·
THINK BLUE
1,014 Posts
No, its not supposed to have a gasket....you didn't break anything, damn that gasket you replaced looks way better than the one I had on my VC. Mine was all wrinkly and withered. Looks like I have an extra part to replace when I do my next oil change :cool:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol thanks for the response.

i just changed it. thats why it looks so nice ;)

i dropped the old on the floor and it cracked in half?

i think it was plastic. or it just turned really really really hard

·
Registered
81 Posts
I require a transmission.... automatic.

I bet shipping will make it difficult!

·
MY PIRANNAS ARE BITTING
147 Posts
Wufaded said:
No, its not supposed to have a gasket....you didn't break anything, damn that gasket you replaced looks way better than the one I had on my VC. Mine was all wrinkly and withered. Looks like I have an extra part to replace when I do my next oil change :cool:
that tube that doesnt require a gasket, what is it for? I had gotten a B13 Vc but that tube was lil broken. Is it needed?

·
THINK BLUE
1,014 Posts
off_da_meter said:
that tube that doesnt require a gasket, what is it for? I had gotten a B13 Vc but that tube was lil broken. Is it needed?
The tube works with the PCV system....it captures blowby gases in the engine and returns them to the manifold to be part of the air/fuel mixture. If the tube is slightly damaged, but air flow is not blocked or restricted, you should be able to use the VC.

If you have any doubts just get another B13 VC....they are like $13 at my local junkyard...

·
MY PIRANNAS ARE BITTING
147 Posts
Wufaded said:
The tube works with the PCV system....it captures blowby gases in the engine and returns them to the manifold to be part of the air/fuel mixture. If the tube is slightly damaged, but air flow is not blocked or restricted, you should be able to use the VC.

If you have any doubts just get another B13 VC....they are like $13 at my local junkyard...
Thats where I had gotten it from for like 10 bucks, but that was the only thing that I saw that was wrong with it besides being full of oil. So without it I shall be find when I go to install it? I already got the new PCV, new orings, new oil cap and new headgasket for it.

·
THINK BLUE
1,014 Posts
If it were me I would install the VC, cross my fingers and start up the car. If it runs as it did before I changed the VC and the PCV valve is operating normally, then I'd leave it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts