Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I start off moving my trans makes a grrnnt sound..I can feel it in the pedal.But it dosent make any noise once moving.It just started makeing this noise when I took off from a lite friday.(Not fast or anything)
The car drives fine.No clutch slipage.No rough shifts..It sounds like its spinning/rubbing...poss the T/O bearing..But how could that come loose?

Does anyone know what this is???

MOD Hint-This should be in the say, "DRIVETRAIN" forum

·
Administrator
1,075 Posts
Ickys SE-R said:
MOD Hint-This should be in the say, "DRIVETRAIN" forum
Most people tell us we have too many forums already. ;) I don't think we will be creating a drivetrain forum, either under technical or within the model forums.

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
hybrid DET said:
Yeah, and I have these noises in my head. They talk to me when I try to sleep.:rolleyes:
You too? Wow, must be a Nissan Tuner thing.

Seriously:
When does it make the sound in relation to the clutch pedal postition.
Clutch pedal out(foot off it), most likey the tranny input bearing.
Clutch pedal in(foot on it, pushing), most likely the T/O bearing.

Give some more info if you can.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found out what is was

I just pulled the trans off yesterday and like I thought, it was Clutch Disc failure.The one spring must have sprung(It was fully compressed) then that ripped another out.Then they both tore the hell out of the rest..Luckily there wasnt any flywheel damage.Now I have to get a new clutch kit cause it bent flanges on the Press. Plate.I just bought it 10k ago,but lost the receipt.So I'm beat.Think I'm going to get a clutchmaster kit.

Any things about clutchmaster to watch out for?

T

·
0 Posts
clutch noise

i have the same noise but i believe mines could be from the throt bearing usually it does it when it's going bad...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just did the clutch

Well yet another clutch under my belt.Just this time it was easy.It feels so nice to have a real clutch.By the way I did this in a GIANT food store parking lot..Not to bad...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just did the clutch

Well yet another clutch under my belt.Just this time it was easy.It feels so nice to have a real clutch.By the way I did this in a GIANT food store parking lot..Not to bad...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts