Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a ga16de 1.6 lt motor i was wondering if i bang out all of the stuff out of my exhoust headers will it give me hp? because on my car the catconverter is right on my headers if i take all that stuff out will it increase my hp?

·
Banned
4,308 Posts

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
you will gain very little at best.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tony200 said:
if you take out all that stuff out of your exhaust manifold? its worthless. barely nothing at all.
thaks i guess i'll start finding me a header for my car. thaks for the help

·
Registered
94 Posts
header is the best way to go but i'm not sure about the Sentra's but my dad's got a Kia Sportage and we cleaned out the cat completly(nothing left in it) and popped that baby back on and it gained some pretty good horsepower. I mean it is a kia pos but it went from not being able to brake torque it to being able to :p... It also gained about a second on 0-60 time so it made a pretty big difference on it, but the cat on that thing is so restrictive. Also it made the thing sound horrible. Going down the highway it sounds like i'm running at like 6k when i'm only doing 3.5k and it screams when its WOT.

I'm not saying it will be the same for the sentra cause the cat's on them arent that restrictive.

·
Erin Go Bragh!
168 Posts
Omega3k1 said:
header is the best way to go but i'm not sure about the Sentra's but my dad's got a Kia Sportage and we cleaned out the cat completly(nothing left in it) and popped that baby back on and it gained some pretty good horsepower. I mean it is a kia pos but it went from not being able to brake torque it to being able to :p... It also gained about a second on 0-60 time so it made a pretty big difference on it, but the cat on that thing is so restrictive. Also it made the thing sound horrible. Going down the highway it sounds like i'm running at like 6k when i'm only doing 3.5k and it screams when its WOT.

I'm not saying it will be the same for the sentra cause the cat's on them arent that restrictive.
That also depends a bit on where the cat is on the Kia. The Sentra's primary cat (1 of 2 on federal models) is a part of the manifold, which makes most of the restriction. Whether or not you gut the cat doesnt matter much on a Sentra due to the fact that the exhaust ports dump all their waste into shared collectors. To see this, look at the Hotshot header. Each exhaust port gets its own pipe and ample room to dump. On factory manifolds, 2 ports share one 'collector.' So, dont waste the time trying to clean something that wont do anything for you. Check the NF Classifieds every few days or so for a cheap deal on a good, used Hotshot header. It'll be worth it.

Reactions: wes

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DraftEm98 said:
That also depends a bit on where the cat is on the Kia. The Sentra's primary cat (1 of 2 on federal models) is a part of the manifold, which makes most of the restriction. Whether or not you gut the cat doesnt matter much on a Sentra due to the fact that the exhaust ports dump all their waste into shared collectors. To see this, look at the Hotshot header. Each exhaust port gets its own pipe and ample room to dump. On factory manifolds, 2 ports share one 'collector.' So, dont waste the time trying to clean something that wont do anything for you. Check the NF Classifieds every few days or so for a cheap deal on a good, used Hotshot header. It'll be worth it.
how do i get to classifieds on nf

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
sentra 98 said:
how do i get to classifieds on nf
click this link

but first try to do it yourself. scroll to the bottom of the main page to where it reads "member classifides" click that and then figure it out :thumbup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts